We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccinations?

Vaccinations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 15:37
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccinations?

No, no jabs are compulsory.We've been going for seven years now and had no problems touch wood.

I don't know what the regulations are as regards bringing in medicines.Obviously there would have to be a limit at some point but if you're just bringing what's normally required personally it won't be a problem.We have found that medicines and tablets are cheaper in Turkey than at home, staff in pharmacists are usually very helpful and will know the Turkish equivalent of whatever drug you're looking for.

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccinations?

I don't think there are any problems with tablet- forms of medicines, just make sure they are in the original container with your name printed on them. Not sure about liquid medicines, there must be a limit because of security issues. My daughter has an inhaler which was in the hand luggage and we had no problems, I didn't show it to security and it didnt flag up on the x-ray machines. No vaccines required now. When I first went in the 80's cholera and typhoid were recommended but I haven't bothered for many many years, just the usual precautions regarding drinking water and thoroughly cooked/hot food.

Edited: 16 April 2012, 14:26
3. Re: Vaccinations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations