We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Am travelling independently and spending a few days in Istanbul and then heading down to altinkum .

Although bodrum is nearer to altinkum is it easiest to get to ? The flight times to and from Istanbul are all late night early morning so would I get stranded !!??? Where are the airports do they always have taxi's waiting Im travelling with myself and my 9 year old.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

I would check out a few airlines, there are several flights a day from Istanbul to either Izmir or Bodrum so that you don't arrive too late. I would also pre-book your transfer to Altinkum, taxis will cost a lot more. A transfer is also cheaper from Bodrum to Altinkum than Izmir to Altinkum but weigh this up against your flight price.

I can't personally recommend any transfer companies as we usually hire a car but i'm sure someone will be along soon with some ideas. Perhaps google the companies in Altinkum to get an idea.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Zazatours in Altinkum are dependable for airport transfers from either airport,decent price too.Transfer times from Bodrum Airport to Altinkum approx 75 mins,some roadworks going on, and from Izmir Airport to Altinkum is approx 1 and 3/4 hours.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Hi , thanks for your kind advice in trying to make things easier for first time visitors, which I want to beleive in, rather than beleiving in you work for ZAZA TOURS and are being paid by them.

However when I check the website of TURSAB ( Association of Turkish Travel Agencies ) I can not see a registered Travel Agent called ZAZA Tours in Turkey. Here is the link so that you can see it your own.

tursab.org.tr/en/…

So, could you tell me please

1- How we can trust an illegal , so called Travel Agency ?

2- What if we have an accident or a disappointment with the level of service? 3- Where or which association will we refer to?

4- As it is totally unlicenced we can not claim for anything, can we?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Actually, Nicola, it is a registered TURSAB agency - TSOL Travel, agency ID 6101.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Eh, hello Nicola.My name is Neil, I live in Dublin and my only connection to Zazatours is that for the past six years I have bought my airport transfers off them.In that time we have had no problems and found them to be reliable and reputable.I always recommend them to people based on that and that alone.

If you'd prefer I could suggest other companies who have let down friends of ours with airport transfers??

Look here and you will see their TURSAB number:

http://zazatour.com/?page_id=333

If you'd checked my TA history before casting aspertions you'd see that I'm genuine.

Apology accepted.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

By the way 'Nicola' I see that was your first ever post on TA!And it was someone else's original topic.Ha ha, who are YOU working for is the question?

Clear off.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Thanks David,

I decided on another Travel Agent after reading previous reviews on the forum. It is Felicia Travel, registered at Association of Turkish Travel Agencies with licence number A-5544.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

I am just a fist time visitor David. However I came this page after reading many reviews and helpfull tips on how to protect ourselves. Let's say I am a discerning traveler.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Hi Neil,

I entered the ID number into TURSAB's check Travel Agent website. However the ID number written on the webpage given on Zaza Tour's webpage seems to be belonging to another Agent called TSOL Travel. Not to Zaza Tours.

Here is the link, you can checkout yourself; entering the ID number 6101 as it appears on Zaza Tour's webpage. You will see yourself which agent this ID number belongs to.

tursab.org.tr/en/…

On the other hand , the only thing I attended to do is to help people protect themselves.

Hope you understand.

I didn't want to hurt you really, however if I did please accept my sincere apologise.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers Izmir or bodrum to altinkum ?

Nicola, you are Turkish right?

Zazatours is owned by TSOL.It appears on the top of the Zazatours webpage I mentioned.There is no mystery.

Happy Holidays!

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations