We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Maidstone, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in May

I am going to Altinkum on 19/05/2012 but am a little concerned that the weather wont be too good. Has anyone been around this time before who can advise what I should expect?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Hi,

I have been in May a few times and last year was the first year I had bad weather but I think it was bad all over south east europe at that time. Thunder / lightning rain. Hopefully that won't happen this year. You can have the occasional shower in May but it usually dries up quickly. You may find it a little cooler at night than other times so I recommend a jacket / cardigan / pashmina for night time.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Maidstone, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Hi there

Thanks so much for your reply - although I am even more worried now!!

What did you do when the weather was bad? I am a bit of a beach freak so need to think of other ways to spend the time - just in case!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

Hi,

We did a bit of shopping and visited a couple of other villages to have lunch etc on the dolmus. I have my own house so we were quite comfortable and had plenty of space. If it had lasted any longer we were going to rent a car and explore a bit. If it is just cloudy rather than stromy there are loads of boat trips and water sports to take part in. There is actually quite a lot to see and do in the Bodrum area even if the weather is not good in comparsion to some other places I have been. I do agree though - my number one preference is basking in the sun with a good book !

Fingers crossed for this year.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 14:27
UK
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

We have been going to Altinkum in May for years and last year was the first time we ever had any rain that I can remember. You will need a light jacket/jumper for the evening as it gets cool but it is unusual to see any rain after the first week of May. The temperatures are also usually good, definately pool/beach.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May

We too have been going to Altinkum for many years and the weather is lovely. I can recall having 'some' rain and there has been the odd thunderstorm but that has happened in the middle of the night. When it does rain it never lasts for long and the sky is blue and the sun is red hot afterwards. We are also going on 19 May which is the usual time of year we go. As belisaUK says take a cardi for the evenings 'just in case' you feel a chill.

Tray67 please do not worry you will have a hot hot time and you will enjoy being a beach/pool freak like the rest of us he he :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May

Tray, rest easy!

…accuweather.com/en/…317053

Yenihisar is another name for Didim/Altinkum.

Enjoy!

london
Level Contributor
99 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May

we also have been twice in may and last year had a brief storm which cleared very quickly and was nice and hot again within the hour.....apart from that we've had nothing but clear skies and warm days and evenings

Have fun

Steve

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in May

I`m there in 5.5 day ( and counting). Don`t know whether I can drag my self away from this glorious weather here. And then people say " why go abroad". Bring it on.

Maidstone, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in May

Thank you all for your messages. Great to get some info from people who have already been there. Cant wait to get away - will be keeping my fingers crossed for the weather although not quite so worried now! Happy holidays to LEVI1234 - never know might bump into you there?!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in May

Just so you know; I don't look like a camel he he.

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations