We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Timer :-)

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1st Timer :-)

Hi staying at Royal Marina Apartments from 13 August for 2 weeks. Just wondering if you lovely people got any good tips, suggestions or advice that will help me on my stay in Altinkum? Many thanks in advance

Altinkum turkey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Hi there, What would you like to know? Altinkum has something for everyone.It's slowly improved over the ten years I have known it and continues to do so. They are just completing a major revamp of the main promenade, a multi million pound marina was completed two years ago (not far from where you are staying) and a general tidy up of the resort is still ongoing.Depends what you like really Altinkum is a typical family resort that caters for mainly British/Turkish tourists but if you want authentic Turkish cuisine and culture it can still be found nearby. Boat trips are very good, an all day trip only costs £10 with lunch included,they bob along the coast and stop four or five times to let you have a swim. a good day out.There are lots of bars/restaurants to suit every taste and lots of historic sites to visit nearby. theres a fun fair for the kids near you apartments and some of the bars provide a bit of entertainment so you should not be disappointed. Hope you enjoy it and anything else you want to know just ask:)

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Brill thanks, what about basic stuff like supermarkets etc Di

They sell good range of food or are we better taking some with us like tinned food etc? Going with a 16 year old and 14 year old and been looking at excursions but been told to sort them over there! Thanks again

Altinkum turkey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Timer :-)

There's a large supermarket called Migros near your apartments where you can get all you need.If you like a bacon sarnie in a morning i would suggest putting a couple of vaccum packs in your hold luggage otherwise don't worry you can get most things. Like you said it's best to book your own trips rather than through your rep( a lot cheaper). For boat trips just go down to the harbour either the night before and choose the one you want to go on ( be prepared for lots of hassle:) but don't let them!! Choose the boat YOU want to on. There is a Welsh guy called Taffy who runs a boat which is very popular with the Brits but they are all pretty much the same. They all have a bar on board and a bottle of beer is usually 5-6tl. We have our own ancient ruins if you like that kind of thing, its called the Appolo Temple and its about a ten minute bus ride or a pleasant half hour stroll form where you are. I would recommend a visit to the ancient Roman town of Ephesus, lots of organised trips to there and the jeep safaris are good fun but be prepared to get very wet and dusty (you will find out what I mean if you go) so dont wear any good clothes! Anyway hope you enjoy your holiday we may bump into each other we are always in the Toy Bar on the sea front just ask TJt he owner who the Nice Couple are he will know what you mean...Bye:)

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Awesome stuff thanks for your help it will help

A lot :-)

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Hi Johnnywelsh

We are going to Royal Marina too next week, it is our first time too. Will post on her when we get back about it and Altinkum in general to keep you informed!

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Timer :-)

If you could that would be brill, thanks a lot

bolton
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Timer :-)

hi iam going to the royal marina on 7th july i will give a review when

i return

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Awesome stuff :-) if this carrys on it will feel like I've been away already :-D

UK
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Timer :-)

I can recommend the didim water park, trips can be booked in Altinkum or you can diy it. Buses run frequently and you can buy tickets on the gate.

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Timer :-)

Yea was planning on having a day maybe 2 at the water park! Thanks again for all your replys much appreciated

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations