We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

Hi all

just thought i would share my experience with you.

Last year i took a second holiday for 1 week to Dalyan,i had a wonderful time in this small riverside town.This year it was my intention to go for my annual holiday but some family members wanted to return to Altinkum.So Altinkum it was.

I then heard from the people i stayed with in Dalyan that they had a new edition to their family so i set the wheels in motion on how i could visit them.

I tried to organise a transfer through the company in Altinkum i use for airport transfer but it was very expensive and they would not back down to do any cheaper,i then contacted my friend in Dalyan who arranged the transfer £80 cheaper.

So that was me booked for a little jaunt to Dalyan( 8 people )2 nights accom. and return transfer at a cost of £51 each.

We were picked up at our apartment at 7.30 am and were in Dalyan just after 11am a very straight forward journey on quite good roads.Some of the scenery quite breathtaking especially just after Milas.

When we arrived in Dalyan we dumped our bags and had a lazy afternoon by the pool,we went out for a beautiful evening meal by the river and gazed at the rock tombs all illuminated.

Next morning market day,up early off to market then had breakfast by the river and spotted turtles who had also come for their breakfast,it was quite an amazing site.

In the afternoon we took the river boat to Izutzu beach and what a beach this is,the beach is huge i think over 4kl long and is a conservation area as the turtles nest there,theres nothing there only a council (i think) run cafe very peacful indeed.After a few hours here it was back to Apt. ready for our 2nd night in town again we had food to die for a little walk around town no establishment hassle and back to our Apt. for a night cap.

The next morning we went into town early for breakfast with the hope that we would see the turtles in the river ,i think they must of been having a lie in as they just surfaced as we were leaving.

Transfer back to Altinkum went smooth left at 11am and back in Tinkytown by 2.30ish.

I have written this as i know sometimes other posters often feel like visiting other places and in my opinion this was a great little trip.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

Fair play Cassaragi, always hearing that Dalyan is lovely.The thought of the drive has hitherto put me off (we have young kids) but you say its roughly three and a half hours which is a bit less than previously told so maybe we'll get around to it next summer.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed Dalyan!

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

honestly margararitaville the time seemed to pass quickly i think because we had the scenery to distract us,also the fact that we were picked up early the kids in our party had a little sleep and the driver did rip up the roads a bit.I think if you are familiar and Turkish then you can do it quicker than say if you were to drive yourself.

The driver stopped firstly at a petrol station were we just got out for a toilet stop then he stopped at a kind of services about 45mins from dalyan where they had a rather expensive cafe/fast food,we just got the kids ice lollies.

The journey back seemed shorter somehow we seemed to be in Milas in no time.

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

Thanks for the post, really interesting.

4. Re: Altinkum to Dalyan weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations