We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altinkum 2013

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Altinkum 2013

havent been in Altinkum since Sept 2011 and was wondering what are the places for eating and going out heading over in june with my girlfriend. have been told that prices have gone up by alot considering efes was under 3lira when i went to altinkum first. Any recommendations on places to eat at a reasonable price Valentines was my favorite but has since closed down

Mentioned in this post
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Altinkum 2013

Cafe More on Ataturk Boulevard up near Tansas.

Gold Star 2 on Ataturk B nearer to Carrefour.

They're our two favourites, well worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Altinkum 2013

are they Turkish Restaurants or european never been to either most of the places i have been to throughout the years have been around the square and beach front itself. Also does anyone think Ephesus is work a trip to or would the ruins in Didim be as worthwhile

Mentioned in this post
Didim
Didim
Aydin Province, Turkey
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Altinkum 2013

Cafe More is western while Gold Star 2 has a huge menu of western and Turkish.

Plenty of Turkish restaurants dotted about.You'llfind them cheaper than the ones on the sea front.

Ephesus is a must, a fantastic glimpse into the past.The trip is usually coupled with a visit to Meryemana, the Virgin Mary's house which is nearby.You don't have to be religious to enjoy this peaceful little spot.

The Temple of Apollo is just at the top of the town and easily reached by dolmus from Dolphin Square in ten minutes.Although no where near the size of Ephesus it is a rather lovely ruin, especially in the early evening as the sun is setting.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Altinkum 2013

thanks, ye i have passed the temple of Apollo many times on buses but never popped in. I have never been in June normally August or September so would temperatures be alot lower than in August ?

Akbuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
238 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Altinkum 2013

Efes now between 5 and 6 tl. So yes, a bit of an increase, but probably still cheaper than the UK. Sue xx

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Altinkum 2013

Johnny, I'm at Dublin airport now about to fly out there and I hear its 30C degrees today!Usually June would be a bit cooler than August but still around the 30 mark.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Altinkum 2013

thanks for the tips hope you enjoythe trip :D

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Altinkum 2013

Thanks, we ARE!Weather is fantastic, more like June than late April.Already been to Gold Star 2, last night, lovely meal.4 starters, 4 mains, 4 desserts, soft drinks, a bottle of wine and a couple of coffees, came to ytl 144 ( about €67)

9. Re: Altinkum 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations