We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hunters valley

england
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hunters valley

Hi we bought a appartment in hunters valey last year and have yet to furnish it, hopefully it will still be ok till we get their, has anyone got a appartment out their? thanks gail

halifax england
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hunters valley

from what ive heard about the flooding that goes on there i wouldn't like one

Derby
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hunters valley

We have an apartment in Hunters Valley that we bought 18 months ago. Not been yet in the Winter but apparently can get flooded if it rains heavy. When we were there in July we heard that they are supposed to be putting down a proper road surface and finishing off the drainage system they started last year. Once this is done they will be running a dolumus service through the estate which will be really good.

Your apt should be ok, tip change the locks if still the original ones from when built as the builders still keep copies and sometimes use existing buildings to put up their workers during the building season, our friends had occupants in theirs last year!

leicester
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hunters valley

hi, we have a property in the vally and was told after that it floods in the winter. well we have had apartment 2 years and have never had problems.

They have started putting proper roads and drains in so in a year or so things should be fine.

Shop around for your funishings, or ask around. e got some good second hand stuff from people who were selling up or buying something new.

I advise you to shop on your own, try to barter with shop owners.

If locals go with you some of them are given commission, that you end up paying for.

We took stuff with us ie knifes forks ect. also iron and even a hover as they are cheaper at Asda than over in Altinkum.

Hope things go well and welcome to the Vally

Maxine

romford
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hunters valley

when it rains the whole valley becomes a mud bath & cars get stuck in it, should be ok when roads finished at end of 2009 season

steve

plymouth
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: hunters valley

Hi Gail

I have an apartment in hunters valley...not yet furnished it yet...i bought it on my own and keep saying i am goint live out there for maybe 6 months to begin with and see how it goes..Just a bit daunted, as i am on my own.

A lady called Genia (She's English) and her mum and dad live there and love it and both have separate apartments and duplex....they are really nice and friendly...if you want to e mail me my address is webarnes@hotmail.co.uk ok? look forward to hearing from you...Wendy

altinkum
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hunters valley

Hi Gail

Your apartment will be fine i have been here for over two years and yes there was a lot of rain in the winter but Huters valley is not a problem

In fact Dolphin square and the main beach area had more flooding than Hunters valley, it was only down to how heavy and how much rain fell and it was all over by the afternoon

I think you call that summer time in the UK we call it a winter storm here

Hopefully you have a kind friend or nieghbour or better still a really good Estate Agent out here that has a key and will keep a eye out for you and your apartment through the time that it is not being used

And AS FOR THIS POST

from what ive heard about the flooding that goes on there i wouldn't like one

What a load of rubbish

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hunters valley

Didimseagull,where abouts is Hunters Valley??Any landmarks you can point out that i might recognise,bearing in mind i was near 2nd beach,did go on bus to waterpark dropped off at royal marina/esra etc.Went to market also up Ataturk boulevard,remember passing the big supermarkets ,Apollo Temple.

8. Re: hunters valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations