We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aesklepion

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Aesklepion

Aesklepion was the Greek medical center near Bergama and is really worth a visit. However there is a company there called Toursab and recently they have become extremely unprofessional and rude. My friend went there with guests and was there at 4:30 in the afternoon. The facilty closes at 5 according to the notices. They would not let her and her guests in. This is really unprofessional and needs to change. The attendants actually started yelling and pushing their name tags in my friends face. You have to wonder what sort of training these attendants went through. and how little regard for toutists they have. Spread the word. the company is called Toursab.

It wasn't always like that. Before these jobs were outsourced there were attendants who cared a lot and used to be fountains of knowledge and hospitality. One even made me and my friends tea and told us about the future plans for the site. My advice to the government is that this company is ruining the experience for tourists. Get rid of them.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 20:46
Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aesklepion

That company is called Tursab

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aesklepion

Tursab is the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies, not a travel company.

http://www.tursab.org.tr/en

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aesklepion

"Ticket booths are closing 30 minutes or an hour before the museum closing time." - http://www.muze.gov.tr/asklepion-en

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aesklepion

Maybe Popeye had too much spinach...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aesklepion

maybe you are a troll for Tursab and my experience was terrible. If you want to defend sub standard service then don't be surprised when the number of tourists coming there starts to go down like it did in Egypt.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aesklepion

I'm guessing there was a language problem here. Your friends arrived after the ticket booth was closed, this is standard practice at most sites in that they have a last entry time up to an hour before the site closes.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aesklepion

I didnt say they were a travel company merely the company supplying the attendants.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aesklepion

no they were well educated Turks. The site is not that large and there is no reason why they have to close the booth at 4:30. This didn't used to be the case before the site had its own attendants. I would characterize the attitude as truculent bureaucracy.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aesklepion

The last entry times are published on the net. If your friends were unaware of this then I'd have to say it's their own fault.

"there is no reason why they have to close the booth at 4:30" - of course there's a reason for last entry times, it's to ensure that everyone has left the site at closing time.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aesklepion

"My friend went there with guests"

"My experience was terrible"

Which was it?!