We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

Hello,

I made an itinerary to visit these 4 places in one day based on what I read from reviews, blogs and travel forum but I don't know if these are logistically feasible, efficient and time-saving. Any form of advise is much appreciated.

Itinerary:

From old bus station at Bergama, we will take a taxi to reach Acropolis. We will then take the cable car down to visit the ruins and eventually exit at the bottom through the hole in the fence. From here, walk to see Red Basilica. Is the distance between the two walkable? From Red Basilica, walk to city center to eat lunch. Proceed to Archaeology Museum and then Asklepion. Is is advisable to walk to Asklepion from city center/ archaeology museum or are we better off taking a taxi up and back to the city center? Are there plenty of taxi at Asklepion? We are headed back to Izmir in the evening or late afternoon. Thank you.

Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

Hi,you better book a private guided pergamon tour.it Will cost you more if U go with a Taxi.

Yuksel

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

It is a short taxi journey from the bus station. The Red Basilica is a 5 minute walk to the cable car. The Museum is a 15 minute walk from the cable car. The Asklepion is a 10 minute walk from the museum. Apart from the initial taxi ride, everything is easily reached on foot. We were there in October and managed everything easily on foot. Even though we had a car the walking was easy and pleasant. Neither me nor my wife are "spring chickens". The walk down from the Acropolis is a couple of kilometres but you can always take the the cable car back down if you wish.

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

Thank you for all your advises.

4. Re: Acropolis, Red Basilica, Asklepion and Archaeology Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 09:15