We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to the beach from izmir

Manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to the beach from izmir

Hi, I've booked a ticket to Izmir, and are staying in the city centre. I booked the smart hotel and just noticed or couldn't find any close by beaches. Is there any beach close by if not could I take a bus or taxi to one ? And how much would something like that cost. And finally would it be worth it. As I am staying in Izmir because of their shops and tourist life?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,680 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to the beach from izmir

Hello Ubax I, you have noticed correctly that there are no beaches in the direct surroundings of Izmir. There is a lovely beach called Pamucak near Selcuk and Ephesus. I guess you plan to visit Ephesus??

Also Çeşme has a lovely beach.

Good shopping in Izmir; Alsancak is a lovely area and Bornova is a great open air mall, but pretty far out of the center. Cheers!

Manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to the beach from izmir

Thank you for the quick reply, I have been surfing the net and I am considering moving hotel to one in Cesme .. is it worth it being close to the beach. And then maybe catch a taxi or bus to shop in Izmir ? I have seen the pictures of cesme and the views look fantastic and beaches breathtaking 😍

3. Re: How to get to the beach from izmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2018, 06:17