We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish properties

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
7 posts
Save Topic
Turkish properties

My husband and i are looking to buy a property in Turkey this year, we are really looking for advice as to where to buy and why ?.

I am drawn to Kusadasi although we have not been there, but we are going for a week in August to meet up with some agents and view some properties.

We have been to Marmaris but it was a bit mad for us, Altinkum seemed a bit to touristy !

So any advice or help as to where we should look would be greatly appreciated.

I have also heard that budget airlines such as Easyjet will soon be flying to Turkey - anybody know anymore about this ??

izmir
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish properties

I know one agent , here is the web site of my good friend : www.immo4free.com/mini_webpage.php…

Besides, I advise you Çandarlı, Dikili, Foça,Gümüldür, Ozdere,Pamucak,Selcuk and Kusadasi

Fethiye is also quite beautiful, but don't know how are the properties there.

IL
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish properties

My friend just bought a house in Kusadasi direct from the owner. I can give you more info if you write to noreenlinden.yahoo.

Liverpool
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish properties

Thank for the advice, i will do.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
41 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish properties

Of course it is a matter of taste. But I think that in the long run, because of the touristification of many places in Turkey, you should also consider such places as below.

Foca- Because of the constructions limitations ( a historical area), Foca has been able to maintain its charm.

Ayvalik-A nice combination of historical context and the modern turkish context

Karaburun-on the edge of Karaburun peninsula. Now accessible by sea ( catamaran) from Izmir. A really isolated ( positive!) place.

Good luck with your real estate purchase in Turkey

Sinan

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish properties

I posted this under another topice similar to this. About buying in Turkey....

Just a word of caution and you really should read this article from the Turkish Daily news;

Foreigners should be vigilant when investing in Turkish property

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Reeta ÇEVİK

ALANYA-Turkish Daily News

Residents and property agents in Alanya, which has seen a significant property boom in recent years, are calling for more vigilance from foreigners intending to buy property in the region.

Turkish police are currently investigating a case in Bodrum and Didim in which a Turkish couple and a Northern Irish man are accused of swindling more than 10 million British pounds from British and Irish property buyers. It is understood that none of the buyers in the case used a solicitor when buying their properties.

Andy Lawler, property broker at Remax Star real estate agency in Alanya, told the Turkish Daily News that although property scams in Alanya are relatively rare, most of them could be avoided if buyers were more vigilant.

“It is particularly alarming that people who would never buy property from someone they met in a bar back home come to Turkey and decide to buy a flat from someone they don't know. People should always check the references of the agent as well as the details of the title deed from the title deed office,” Lawler said.

www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php…

Please do lots of research before you buy !!!!

izmir
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish properties

Yes, foreigners, Beware of Sharky agents ,sellers and developers.

Always check very neatly tapu, building permit status from municipality, building licence etc.

Never trust anybody in this business, especially do not trust such people like barmen,waiter,receptionist,grocer etc.

Even do not trust to your own citizens working in real estate agencies. Because they are also cheating their own citizenz.

When the matter is money, don't even trust anybody, everytime think twice.

Try to get guarantee, receipts for everything.

Even some lawyers are also untrustable.

it is sad but true

But I know that Cheatings are much more common In Spain and in Greece.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
90 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish properties

Hi,

If I was in your shoes...

3- Candarli (in Ayvalik), more crowded in summers, but a reallly nice place, with really beautiful (and cold) sea.

2- Ildiri (in Izmir), go there and buy an old village house... a place to die for :)

1- and the oscar goes to.... Selimiye or Bozburun (in Datca-Marmaris).

Nothing to write, if you ever go there, you will understand.

regards,

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
90 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish properties

And...

Get a trusty, honest, Turkish lawyer... before making any agreements, double check every step of process. I have heard lots of bad stories especially in Didim area...

regards,

9. Re: Turkish properties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Izmir