We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival 3 am Izmir airport: what should we do?!

potsdam
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
arrival 3 am Izmir airport: what should we do?!

Hallo,

we are about to book a flight to Izmir. The problem: flights from Berlin to Izmir arrive in the middle of the night. We have three children with us, which limits the options. I was thinking of booking a hotel in Izmir for that night near the airport, but we would probably need a taxi (are their taxis available at night?) Or should we rent a car and just drive on (are the rentals open at 3 am?) I would have preferred to rent in Selcuk, probably cheaper (?..) A bus or a train is probably out, with all the kids and the luggage, when does the earliest train or bus depart for Selcuk?

I would be very, very gratelful for any advice or info!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: arrival 3 am Izmir airport: what should we do?!

Hi

I don't think you will have any problems getting a taxi from Izmir airport at 3am as there are usually many flights arriving at that time from other countries . I think it might be better for you to arrange a private transfer though as you have 3 children and also luggage and it will probably be much cheaper and more comfortable . You could try searching on Google for Izmir airport transfers .

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrival 3 am Izmir airport: what should we do?!

If I were you I would arrange my transfer prior to your arrival with the hotel you plan to stay at in Selcuk..they all do transfers to and from the airport about 50 minutes away...you dont want to be driving yourself at night even though it is not very far away...

whenever there are planes there will be taxis..however night rates will be higher...

3. Re: arrival 3 am Izmir airport: what should we do?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Izmir
Recent Conversations