We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Izmir

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
9 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to Izmir

Hi there. We are planning a Greek Island tour and a visit to Istanbul for our honeymoon in April. In addition to Istanbul, we'd like to visit Izmir as well. I'd like to know what the transportation options are for getting to Izmir. I know there's an airport, but are there cheaper options? How much are they, and how long do they take?

Thanks!

Turkey/Ankara
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Izmir

from kos island to bodrum or fromrodos island to marmaris there are som boat and catamaran service. From bodrum or Marmaris by bus you can arrive to İzmir.

england
Level Contributor
591 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Izmir

if you go to samos you can go to kusadasi then a bus to izmir is about 90 mins then either fly to istanbul by onurair or turkish airlines both are reasonably cheap or take the bus overnight its a nice trip about 9 hours the bus is very comfortable and only less than £30....... but then you need to return to greece for athens... if so why dont you get a flight to athens then a return from istanbul i did this last year and it was no dearer than a normal return..

england
Level Contributor
591 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Izmir

if you go to samos you can go to kusadasi then a bus to izmir is about 90 mins then either fly to istanbul by onurair or turkish airlines both are reasonably cheap or take the bus overnight its a nice trip about 9 hours the bus is very comfortable and only less than £30....... but then you need to return to greece for athens... if so why dont you get a flight to athens then a return from istanbul i did this last year and it was no dearer than a normal return..

england
Level Contributor
591 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Izmir

must have pressed it twice sorry

Izmir
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Izmir

From the Greek island of Chios there are regular ferries to Cesme (Cheshme) - at least twice a day, probably more often. Then there's hourly bus service to Izmir. It's very quick and convenient; that's how most of us foreign residents of Turkish leave the country to renew our tourist visas.

Get answers to your questions about Izmir