We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erboy Car Rental?

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Erboy Car Rental?

I booked a car from Erboy Car Rental in Izmir through www.economycarrentals.com. The economycarrentals didn't want to tell me the car supplier before I made the booking. I found more negative than positive reviews on Erboy Car Rental. Has anyone had experience of this company?

I have had a hard time finding a decent company with reasonable price and full insurance(<$50-60 with all inclusive insurance, automatic car). Proper Car Rental doesn't provide CDW with no excess if the accident is the renter's fault. But at least they were honest to tell me that. Any other recommendation for Izmir car rental?

Thanks in advance!

56 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I got a car with a big hit on it and with no proper registration documents, in which because of this I got a fine on one of the police check points. Upon delivery of the car, I was communicating my discontent of what happened and the waste of time I had to face with the police that stopped me for couple of hours with no medium of communication as they didn’t speak any English to the area manager Emrah Yilmaz. This incident made him very angry and instead of offering me a compromise as an unsatisfied customer, he started to threaten me to shut up in a very aggressive way shouting out loud that I am still in his country, which made my girlfriend terrified and start crying. So I had to drive further to the airport in a very nerve wrecking atmosphere and trying to calm down my girlfriend which was very scared that his guy would do something to hurt us.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 16:01
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

Hi,

I used Erboy from Dalaman in May.

Car was OK, but they did rush me another £30 on top of the agreed amount to cover for 'uninsured' parts of the car, i.e. mirrors, lights etc. They also claimed that the tank was a quarter full; the low fuel indicator light was on! Finally they gave me the car park exit ticket claiming it was paid; it wasn't another 12 TL and further delay stuck at the exit barrier with a queue of cars behind.

I probably won't be using them again.

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I rented a car from Erboy Car, Bodrum, through rental cars.com. The system took the money from my credit car before my arrival. At the time I went to the airport there was nobody waiting for me with my name. I waited for an hour but nobody arrived. After I returned from my holiday, I reached to rental cars.com and took the email of erboy car. They are telling me that I cannot take my money back because I was unable to find the car. Like it was my job…

Do not rent any cars from rental cars.com or Erboy Car.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I have booked through card Erboy Car Rental in Izmir Airport, anyone can advise me if they are asking for credite card and how much money they will lock?

please help

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

All car hire companies hold credit card details to cover problems during the rental period and which are not covered by their insurance policy.

I suggest you contact Erboy using the Contact link on their website: https://www.erboycar.com.tr/en/iletisim

J W
Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I rented from Erboy from Dalaman in July 2014 and would NOT recommend them. I was met at the airport where the guy disappeared before any check of the car had been done. The child booster seat was broken and there was a dent in the rear bumper. Car drop-off was at a local petrol station not the airport and when we arrived the guy shouted at us for being late (we were not) and then disappeared to collect other people from the airport, leaving us stranded. We ended up leaving the car key with the cashier and getting a taxi to the airport. I got the impression that this was a one-person set up and so everything was a panicked rush, and that the vehicles (which had badges of well known car hire firms on) were probably getting towards the end of their rental lives.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

Avoid ErboyCar Rent a Car. My wife and I had a very bad experience with them. The owner of the company, Erdi Boyar, was rude to us and reneged on the agreed arrangement, leaving us scrambling to find another car only days before our scheduled pick-up. Had I not contacted him in advance to re-confirm our reservation, I would have likely found out the bad news the day of the scheduled pick-up. Find someone else if you don't want to endure the kind of treatment we did. You can see our email correspondence here:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/43477145_kkL6zJ#!i=3442973286&k=g43dtPt

Edited: 24 August 2014, 18:25
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I booked through Travelocity on FOX CAR RENTALS and the car rental company at pickup in Dalaman was ERBOY. They were an hour late meeting us and it was August in Turkey and we were standing outside in 98F, but the car worked, the air-con worked and the price was high but not crazy. The young men who met us asked for our cellphone number, which we gave, and which we used while in Turkey. A week or so into our trip, we neglected to pay at a gas station because we thought when they ran the card at the pump that it constituted payment. Turns out it does NOT and you have to take the chit (that we thought was a receipt) inside and swipe the card AGAIN. Standard difficulty of not being able to speak the language, and completely our fault, but not intentional. We drove off, oblivious--no one shouting or anything. The station used its cameras which recorded our license number, and called the rental company, totally standard procedure--but ERBOY DID NOT CALL US to let us know we had broken the law and there would be a complaint filed with the prosecutor's office unless we drove to the station and paid them. So a complaint was filed. It all worked out because we have Turkish friends who were able to talk to all parties and after hours spent explaining and driving to court we paid what we owed in court and were able to leave the country, but only because my Turkish friends called the afternoon before we were to leave to confirm out time of return, and ERBOY said, Oh, BTW, there is a warrant out for your arrest, , we tried to call but couldn't. No calls on my phone, they couldn't care less. Last time I use FOX or ERBOY. Absolute last time I rent without submitting the name to trip advisor for a quick review.

Krakow, Poland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

Our experience concerns car rental in DLM airport and I'm sorry for little mismatch, as topic is filed under Izmir forum. However many users refer to their DLM experience. So I felt it is OK to post it here too.

I read posts in this topic and almost cancelled reservation for Erboy made via economycarrentals.com

Not going into details our reservation was finally not cancelled. And here is what happened.

Our flight was delayed. Nobody waited for us in the arrivals, so we had to make 2 calls to get an Erboy rep. He said I should wait in front of terminal and someone picks me up there.

Nobody picked me up but after another round of calls it turned that I was supposed to go to the parking lot 50-100m NW from terminal where many rental and taxi companies booths stand. Later I realized that someone already raised this on the forum. And this is my advice - go to the parking lot and look for booths in open space.

2 guys from Erboy demonstrated discontent about me being "late" and obviously disoriented in a new place. However, after fast exchange of opinions on that atmosphere cleared and remaining part of our meeting was going good.

A car was waiting very close in the parking lot. I was positively surprised - ca. 1 year old Renault Symbol with no wear and tear ;-) It's quite spacious and tons of kids toys and stuff got safely to the trunk. It is not a race car, but it is fully sufficient for lazy vacation drive (esp. shorter distance). Later I have seen many of similar cars prepared for rental.

Car documents (separate from rental contract) were also prepared.

One more important thing - Er-boys were not able to charge my card close to the car. So I had to get cash from ATM (close to the lot) to pay a fee. Fee was not high compared to all big rental companies.

And... that's actually all. No bumps, no unpaid petrol ;-) , no contacts with police.

Car return was easy, although we had to wait for representative for 5-10 min in the tank station. Do NOT unload your car in the petrol station - you are going to the airport with the same car, just take Erboy rep with you.

Hope that helps. I mean - bad things happen as it was described above.

However with a bit of luck there is a chance for relatively good experience.

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Erboy Car Rental?

I have been very satisfied with Erboy - I have used them ( or rather ended up with them )about 5 or 6 times in the last 3 years both at Izmir and Bodrum. However I am trying to contact them to find out why in August I was charged 15 lira out of the blue for a car hire at Easter.

Reply to: Erboy Car Rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Izmir