We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

Hi,

I am planning to visit Izmir for 5 days in October.

What would be a good area to stay in, if I am interested in visiting historical sites, museums etc?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

It is difficult to make recommendations without knowing your preferences - and budget.

However, the area in front of Basmane Railway Station, especially between Gazi Bulvarı and Fevzipaṣa Bulvarı is a good area to look and not pay too much for accommodation.

The location is good, too, and you would be within fairly easy walking distance of the city's main attractions such as the Archaeological Museum, Ethnographic Museum, Konak Square with İzmir's famous clock tower.and the Agora dating back to the early 2nd Century BC. The present remains were of a reconstruction financed during the reign of the Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.

For almost limitless shopping opportunities there is the huge open-air bazaar, often referred to as Kemeraltı.

As you are in the area for five days, you may even consider a day trip to Selçuk and explore Ephesus, the single most visited tourist attraction in the whole of Turkey, and other nearby sites including the scant remains of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Please let me know if I can help with any more detailed information.

Edited: 25 August 2012, 14:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

Hi I'm hoping to visit for days also not sure which part of turkey yet , I've not visited turkey before I've a husband and two teenage boys to entertain , but I would like somewhere that I'd still open with lots to do we are coming on the 22nd oct

Bucharest, Romania
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

Thank you so much, dande49!

I'm thinking of booking Marlight Boutique Hotel in Fevzi Pasa Blv. It's the area you mentioned, right?

4. Re: Hotel/ Area suggestion in Izmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Izmir