We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term rental - Izmir. Cigli or Karsiyaka

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Short term rental - Izmir. Cigli or Karsiyaka

Hi Folks,

my sister is travelling to Izmir in April for some dental treatment and I am going with her and will we be staying 3 weeks.

We have stayed in the Mini hotel in the past and found it great, but more suited to a few nights rather than 3 weeks. Also, there will be days where she just will want to veg out and read a book or watch a DVD, so for comfort we were thinking to hire a short term let on an apartment.

I know that with Izmir being a large city and not a tourist only destination, that there are not many holiday lets of this sort. We were thinking to book an actual proper apartment for 1 month and pay utilities etc. I can speak Turkish and have had a look on milliyet emlak and a few others, but there are very few furnished apartments available. I know we could book a room in a hotel for the first few nights and then look around, but we would rather know where we are staying before hand. I have also contacted some emlakci with enquiries, but have not had many responses.

We are looking for something in the Cigli or Karsiyaka areas, fully furnished, for a 1 month let for the month of April 2013 in the region of 1000-1200 TYL.

If anyone has any tips or can recommend a particular emlak, or better yet, if you know someone who might be interested in renting an apartment for a few weeks, please can you let me know?

Istanbul
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term rental - Izmir. Cigli or Karsiyaka

I wish that your dental treatment could go well.

I do not know any agencies to recommend you in İzmir.

If you visit İstanbul in the future the website below may be useful for your short term rental searchings.

http://istanbulstarflats.com/

Dublin
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term rental - Izmir. Cigli or Karsiyaka

TSK Tercuman

thankfully in Istanbul we have family to stay with! My.sister had originally planned to go to Istanbul for treatment but the cost of flights and treatment were higher than Izmir....and that is.even when you include 1000 TYL for rent. So Izmir it is. But that is no bad thing as I really like Izmir.

Thanks again

KIB

3. Re: Short term rental - Izmir. Cigli or Karsiyaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Izmir