We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Izmir travel advice

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Izmir travel advice

Hi

We're going to Marmaris on Friday and are going to Izmir for a wedding on Saturday, the wedding ceremony is at the International Fuar Centre and the reception is in Balcova. We're planning on going by bus from Marmaris to Izmir but we're looking for advice on how to get from the bus station to the ceremony and then onto the reception. Is it better to book a hotel in Cankaya or Balcova and any advice on how much taxis would cost would be appreciated. We could ask the bride but I have a feeling she might be a wee bit stressed just now. Thanks for any help.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Izmir travel advice

When you arrive in İzmir. The coach company will almost certainly have a free service bus from the Otogar to the centre of the city.

If you consider Çankaya (which is an area of budget accommodation), I suggest you would be more comfortable in hotels north of Fevsipaşa Bulvarı. You may want to consider the Zeybeck Hotel. Or a little further away the Karaca Hotel in Alsancak and, overlooking the sea, the pricier İzmir Palas Hotel. And for even more luxury fairly close to Fuar, you have the Hilton, Swissotel Grand Efes and Mȍvenpick.

However, you may prefer to stay closer to the Reception than the Ceremony, especially as it’s likely to be a late night, but it’s not an area for budget accommodation. The hotels there are pricey and offer thermal pool facilities and two I am aware of are the Kaya İzmir Thermal Hotel and the Balçova Thermal Hotel.

Whichever location you decide, Fuasr and Balçova are approximately 8 miles apart and a taxi would cost around 30 Turkish Lira (before midnight!)

Enjoy the wedding and do let me know if I can help further.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Izmir travel advice

Thank you

3. Re: Wedding in Izmir travel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Izmir
Recent Conversations