We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

Does anyone have recent information on the cost of hiring a taxi from Izmir Port to Ephesus?

I am aware free guides are available at Ephesus.

Will there be taxis waiting for the return trip?

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

Hello Helen B. From IZMIR Port I fear you would have to hire a taxi for the day - it's some 50 miles away from Ephesus and would cost about 200TL or more.

If you have enough time, the cheapest way is to find your way to Basmane rail station and travel to Selcuk, from where a "dolmuş" will get you to the site.

And I wonder what you mean by "free guides" at Ephesus itself? Good luck.

Epsom, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

We used City Transfers company. Communication with reservation desk was top notch, something you would except from 5 star hotel. I am very pleased with the service. The driver was nice and helpful. If again I need a taxi in izmir would not hesitate to use them again. Company website ; http://www.citytransfers.com

Ephesus was so much more than I had imagined. Just to experience marble roads, ancient carved Greek letters in stone, beautiful remnants of statues and buildings, and to realize that thouusands of years ago it was bustling and lived in and whole cultures created it. The Celsus library and the huge theater were mind-boggling. So very grateful fort he chance to experience this.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

The guides aren't free - very little is these days, but they are not necessarily affiliated to any company. Check that the guide is licensed (they should have a certificate the size of a credit card to show you with an ID photo and current date)

4. Re: Taxi costs from Izmir Port to Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Izmir
Recent Conversations