We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

This is more for fun (and also a education in itself on packing!) it also acts as a guide on what to pack, and what to leave, a lot of us take way too much!! (me included) so here goes:

1 pr flipflops, 1pr ballerina pumps, 1 pr sandals, 1 pr canvas pumps (will wear travelling) beachbag

2 beach dresses, 1 sarong, 4 bikinis (tops & bottoms) 3 prs shorts, 6 strappy vest tops

2 prs linen trousers, 5 night tops, 1 pr 3/4 trousers, 1 pr k nee length shorts, undies!!!! small handbag &

Toileteries: shampoo & conditioner, showergel, sponge, toothpaste & brush, cleansing wipes, andrex washlets (handy for beachbag in case of no loo roll) 6 pk of tissues (again handy if no loo roll @ beach toilets) facial moisturier, small tin vaseline, Avon sss, (doubles as body moisturier) Hand gel x 3, deodarant & perfume, travel hairdryer

Make up:

Tinted moisturiser, mascara, lippy

Misc: camera, phone, ipad, PASSPORT & INSURANCE & docs!!!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

I take more than that in the way of clothes! I don't take shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste though as I but it when I get out there, it saves a lot of space :)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Well done,that is actually pretty good.When I first saw the thread headline I was going to type....take out 50% but now I've seen it I'd say maybe leave the ballet pumps out ,1 of the beach dresses,2 of the bikini's,you're sure to see bits and bobs to buy once here :)

Leave the shower gel,shampoo too unless you're very fussy and the tissues too,you can buy a big multi pack for peanuts.Use the free weight you now have to bring enough sunscreen to last you you're stay as quality sun screen is expensive here.

I'd also drop the perfume too as it attracts the mozzies! and 3 hand gel?why?just wash your hands properly after the loo and before eating just as normal,that is sufficient,don't be paranoid,this is not some scutty Bongo bongo land :))

Other than that,well done,an experienced packer.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Trying to leave some room for buying goodies Kedi, have not added the suncare stuff which i bring from uk, I normally bring way too much, so trying to cut down lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Sun babe is that for a week or two weeks:-)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

11 nights bobbie23,

comes with practice, i do some wash and re wear too, and pack a tube of travel wash or buy a small packet washing powder a small carton fabric conditioner, as sari says, i could go lower yet,

Sari,

working in the nhs makes you paranoid regarding hand washing!!! which i do all the time and then gel afterwards! yes tissuses we could buy over there, will certainly be bringing our own sunscreen, no fear of leaving that behind, and yes, would like to invest in some olive oil hair conditioner, so will maybe just buy it and shampoo, showergel too over there

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Oh well,that too is something you can buy here in any chemist,supermarket or corner shop.But listen,don't you be bringing any of those nasty English germs here with you will you? :))

Yes,I agree with washing too,beach wear and your 'smalls' soon dry overnight,even light evening tops too.I used to chuck them in the bottom of the shower and trample on them(a bit like grapes haa haa)and then rinse them once I'd finished washing myself.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

Sari,

have a habit of doing washing daily too, nothing changes on holiday, hate a load of used clothing lying around, espcially if the item is white! if washed around the time we take a shower, rinsed and hung up to dry, it is usually dry by noon

8. Re: right everone, what all goes in case, how much do you take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 07:15