We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

waterford
6 posts
Save Topic
Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

My partner and I are looking for advice on the most gay friendly resorts in Turkey -travelling late July

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

Hmmmm - any particular area you want to visit?

Gumusluk is fairly laid back and as long as you are not over demonstrative (and that goes for heterosexual relationships as well) everything is tolerated there!! Well not everything but you know what I mean ;=).

What sort of holiday are you looking for? Relaxing, action packed, partying???

A few more clues would give us a bit more to go on!

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

The issue is more what you're looking for than whether anywhere is gay friendly, as vip said :o)

As long as you're not overly demonstrative the majority of turkish people will not care. Personally I'd think you'd be more likely to experience problems from any holidays makers who have brought their prejudices with them.

Sue

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
314 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

Try this site http://www.turkeygay.net/

I don't think that you will have problems with other travelers. Most travelers are pretty accepting when they are on vacation. I am considering a trip to Turkey but have never been. However I would go with my partner and not think twice about it. I was in Vietnam recently where homosexuality is illegal and everyone was really nice to us. Watch what you do in public. However I don't think anyone is going to care if you are with someone of the same sex and only taking one bed.

4. Re: Gay friendly resorts in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum