We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please - AI Hotels & Location (Gumbet vs Bitez)

Which Bodrum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please - AI Hotels & Location (Gumbet vs Bitez)

I'm looking to stay fin Bodrum from 9th-19th May. Looking to decide which would be the most suitable accommodation for my budget. I'll be almost 6 months pregnant and with my boyfriend, so looking for somewhere we can relax/shop/explore as we are both quite active (despite me carrying the bump!)

Having checked out reviews, I'm a bit torn between the following hotels :

Shark Club Gumbet (£336 All Inc)

Bagevleri Gumbet (£262 Bed and breakfast)

Bitez Garden Life (£350 All Inc)

Would really appreciate advise on which of these would be most suitable. Budget is an issue and I wouldn't like to pay much more than the prices mentioned above, (those quoted are for both of us @ 10 nights) but I would consider other hotels if anyone could recommend?

Important things for us are:

* Close proximity to the beach

* Evening entertainment on site or nearby

* Balcony with view is preferable

* Access to dolmus for nearby towns

* Local shops and places to walk around

* Clean accomodation

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice... x

Level Contributor
67 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please - AI Hotels & Location (Gumbet vs Bitez)

Never stayed at Bagewleri,but it got great revews on TA,so I believe it is decent hotel,but it is not on the beach.Can really recommend to u Turihan,Nagi Beach,Sami beach.Tropicana.If u like AI Eken resort is also good.We will be going on 9 of May too and will be staying at Tropicana.Have a nice hol!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please - AI Hotels & Location (Gumbet vs Bitez)

The Shark Club and the Bagevleri aren't on the beach but both are in good (and different) locations in Gumbet (the Bagevleri probably being in the quieter area of the two). Neither of them are that far from the beach though.

Now if I am being completely honest, seeing that you are on a budget, the AI may be the better value for you (but don't expect top food, it will be the normal AI fare on offer). Alcohol isn't that cheap in Turkey (but then again, as you are pregnant don't suppose that will matter to you). The Bagevleri gets loads of repeat customers and it is a "prettier" looking hotel than the Shark.

A lot of the rooms in the Shark don't have massive balconies (some are tiny, more of a standing area) and some of the rooms don't have great views.

As you want to get your shopping fix, Gumbet would suit you well and then you can jump on a dolmus into Bodrum for even more shopping and a change of scene.

Jak xx

3. Re: Advice please - AI Hotels & Location (Gumbet vs Bitez)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum