We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum in Winter

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bodrum in Winter

Hello,

I will be travelling to Turkey this December with my family and we would like to spend between 5-6 days exploring the ruins around Kusadasi (Ephesus et al), then perhaps travelling down to Bodrum, and then on to Pamukkale. We aren't sure how feasible this might be in terms of trying to cover too much. Should we avoid Bodrum? Mixed reports online seem to suggest that it will be really wet and cold there. Also should we visit Konya on our way to Cappadocia?

We like visiting places off-the-beaten track, in as much as they complement the more popular destination in that region. As a result I would welcome any suggestions about places that we might visit other than the ones listed above. We unfortunately wont have a car and will have to rely on buses and planes to get around.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

Edited: 26 November 2013, 02:06
Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum in Winter

As a 25 year permanent resident of Bodrum, I can vouch for visiting in December. You might get some rainy days, but you are also just as likely to have some days with blue sky and sunshine. Shops and restaurants along the marina will all be open and there are many Christmas and New Year activities, decorations and celebrations that will begin around the middle of the month. Bodrum is also a good focal point from which to explore the rest of the peninsula by dolmus transportation and there are excellent outdoor markets. You might also consider Iassos and Lake Bafa (Heraklea) as off the beaten path destinations.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum in Winter

Bodrum can be wet and cold but it is still worth a visit in winter time, it has the feel of a Turkish town that time of year rather than a tourist resort. It is very easy to get around by bus so you can explore the whole peninsula while you are there.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum in Winter

Thanks SCBC and KediYavrusu for the insightful feedback. I especially appreciate the tips about things to do off the beaten track.

4. Re: Bodrum in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum
Recent Conversations