We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry visa

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Entry visa

Can you tell me if the e visa is now delayed until December for entry visa from uk to turkey?

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry visa

I do believe the sticker is no longer available from 10th April...There will however be interactive kiosks at Turkish airports to do the evisa on arrival for those traveling without one at a cost of $30 as opposed to $20 by doing it online before you go,and there is no guarantee how many interactive kiosks there will be to do this.Think it might cause chaos with people having to queue to use them, I would say buy before you fly..

Wendy

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry visa

Like Wendy I too would say buy before you fly. I bought mine this weekend, & it really so very simple. I printed off two copies of the visa, & two copies of the Receipt for the 20 dollars.

Did this as a back up, but that was just for my peace of mind

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry visa

I used the e-visa over winter. Printed off two copies. But the one in my passport was stamped on exit so I'm trying to keep hold of that one for next use!

If I were you I'd just sort your visa before you go, who knows how much chaos and confusion there'll be at the airport on arrival!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry visa

When I went to Turkey in the New Year with my new e-visa, my passport was stamped with my entry and exit dates - not the paper e-visa. I had read on here that the visa was stamped, tried to ask the officer to stamp it but he said "not necessary".

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry visa

Just a little update here on this link for anyone that is traveling with a family,looks like you will be able to do a group Evisa instead of individual ones,,

issuu.com/ukinturkey/docs/update_on_e-visa

Wendy

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entry visa

The e-visa has been up and running for about a year now and the old sticker type visas are not being issued after April 10th.

As mentioned above you can get an e-visa when you get there if you haven't done so before but it will cost you £20 plus all the messing around when you land.

Getting your e-visa before you fly is by far the best option.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entry visa

It appears that there hasn't been enough time to get the interactive kiosks installed in all airports and the sticker visa will still be available but now at the cost of £20. This increase in the cost of the visa n arrival has been mentioned previously but this is the first official notification that I have seen that states that the old sticker type visa will be retained for this year. This from the British Embassy in Ankara:

issuu.com/ukinturkey/docs/update_on_e-visa

But it is still better to get the E-visa in advance

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entry visa

...and getting an e-visa is a doddle. Took me less than 5 mins - and I queued longer than that for a sticker last year!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Entry visa

Now that doesn't surprise me at all Adana! They change the rules so often I can't keep up...

I think it is still far better to get the e-visa in advance.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entry visa

Hi Kedi

No, not really surprising. It certainly does get confusing.

I don' t have any doubts however that the E-visa is the way to go

Edited: 28 March 2014, 22:25
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum
Recent Conversations