We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Which Bodrum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Hi,

Just wanted to know if i can get a water taxi in Bodrum to other resorts in Turkey?

thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Not that I am aware of but if you mean other resorts on the Bodrum peninsula there is a very good dolmus ( bus) service between Bodrum and all other resorts and as it is a small area it doesn't take long and makes a great day out.

There are ferries further afield like to Datca and the Greek islands of Kos and Rhodes as well as coaches to other cities. Some of the hotels close to Bodrum can be accessed by water taxis instead of going around the harbour eg Salmakus , Azka and others in Bardaci area.

Is there somewhere in particular you wanted to travel to from Bodrum ?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Yes, i fancied going to meet up with friends at Fethiye, hence why i asked if i could take a water taxi rather than bus as i reckon it would take a few hours

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

If you want to go by boat, you could cross to Kos and get a fast catamaran to Rhodes and then catamaran/hydrofoil(?) to Fethiye. It would probably take 2 days.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

David,

Eh, this is not an option!

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Boats are a lot slower than buses.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Ferthiye is quite a distance from Bodrum - there are probably coaches but long distance. Would you consider renting a car as might be better than a bus and motorways between cities in Turkey are a very good standard.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Hubby has told me he is not up for driving, so we will not be going, we will all maybe do a day to Rhodes and meet up if possible. Thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

You will have to plan your trip to Rhodes as there is only one ferry per week - www.google.co.uk/url…

There is a bus but this takes 4.5-5 hours. Maybe you could arrange to meet each other halfway?

Jak xx

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

Hi Jakk,

Thanks for letting me know this. Looks like we might all be not bothering then!!! we'll see what's what then decide, half way maybe a option...

10. Re: Can i get a water taxi from Bodrum???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:16