We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Which Bodrum hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Can anyone recommend some sugar free, or low sugar drinks that I can get in Bodrum later this year? I'm an insulin dependant diabetic. I was over 2 years ago, but could only find Diet Coke, Cola. I am looking for something with less caffeine than them; Fanta, Lilt type. We tried shopping in Migros last time, and still didn't see anything else. Cheers

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

i have never seen any other diet drinks in Turkey other than diet coke. i would try Migros if there is one near to where you are staying as I find they often stock things that other stores dont.

You could always take a few of those Robinsons 'squashed' that give you 20 drinks and add it to fizzy water

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Thanks Claire. We tried Bodrum Migros 2 years ago with no joy. We are heading back to Bodrum, so a friend has suggested we try Kipa (Tesco) this time too. The Robinsons drinks sound good. I will look into them thanks. Drinking diet cola all evening tends to make getting to sleep a bit of a problem lol

Edited: 24 June 2014, 00:43
Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Try the sugar free version of the local ginger-ale. It's called CAMLICA GAZOZ and I believe it is caffeine-free. Very tasty, and there's also sugar free Lipton's ice tea.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Thanks SCBC! I Googled Camlica Gazoz, and added the Turkish word for sugarfree; şekersiz, and I got some good results. I've saved the images of several sugarfree drinks available in Turkey to my tablet, so I now know what I am looking for when I go shopping. You've been a great help!

For others looking for the same thing, here's some drinks I found, just Google them;

Camlica Gazos sekersiz

Uludag Limonata sekersiz

Doganay Limonata sekersiz

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Was about to suggest exactly what you discovered for yourself :o)

There are a good range of sugar free - sekersiz - drinks available these days and you should find a good many of them in the small local shops as well as the big supermarkets. I think you'll get hooked on the sekersiz limonata :o)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Thanks Suehami. We should thank the gods for Google hehehe. Do you know if bars and restaurants stock them? When we were in Gumbet 2 years ago, the bars we went to only seemed to carry diet colas

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

Hm, I don't know, I would think less likely but if you ask they will often nip out to the nearest corner shop and buy one for you :o)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

OK Suehami. Thanks for your help, and likewise to everyone else who has replied :)

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

I have the same issue finding sugar free drinks. Luckily I like diet coke!

The one other thing that I've always found easily (in season, no chance in winter!) is the Lipton Ice Tea 'Light'. Have been able to get cans easily in the little shops and I'm sure I picked up the big bottles in Kipa last year too. That said, they'll be full of caffeine too!

I'll have a look in Kipa next week and see what they've got!

Edited: 25 June 2014, 16:10
manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Low sugar/sugarfree drinks in Bodrum/Turkey

We bought robinsons sugar free cordial last year in Gumbet expensive but we needed it rhis year going to take some of the mini concentrated robinsons over

Janice x