We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/Advice on Calis

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi folks!

I'm hopefully going to book a holiday to Calis.

I have been there once before, but this time I'm holidaying alone for the first time ever (hence the reason I'm going somewhere familiar!!).

Saw a similar post from last year coincidentally mentioning Hotels Pelin and Cenk Bay - those are the ones I had decided on myself!

But Pelin is full (7 - 14 June) - other posts gave good reports on Cenk Bay.

Any other recommendations/advice for a single female traveller?

Thinking of booking with Holidaymate (used them before) - maybe one (or 2?) weeks.

Advice very welcome!!!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

we stayed at Haram hotel in Gunlukbashi booked through holidaymate but try sunshine & holidays 4u as you may get it cheaper.

This hotel is lovely based on B & B. Large pool and garden area, and able to walk to Calis front

Wherever you stay you will have a lovely holiday

We are over 22/06/09 and can't wait

Pat

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi Pat

Thanks for the post!

I'm getting bleary eyed trawling through all the reviews on hotels etc. - just want to get booked!

Looked on Travel Republic - trying to get 10 nights - Holidaymate can do this.

Will check out Harman hotel.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi we can recommend the Oykun hotel . We have been twice before and are going again in June for a week this year. It is a family run hotel with very friendly staff and very clean with 2 lovely pools and a grassy area as well, and its not very far from the sea front.Alot of people are return guests like us which I think speaks for its self!

Good luck

Fethiye
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi Ally,

I can definitely recommend Malhun Hotel(malhun.com)

Have a great holiday

Berkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

I've just returned from a Solos holiday to Calis Beach, we stayed at Hotel Mendos which is on the beach front. I would not hesitate in staying there alone. The staff are very friendly and I really wouldn't feel intimidated at all there as a lone traveller.

Sandy, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi Ally32,

Try the Oyken we have just returned and its a fantastic place. Good lick.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi Ally, I see there are several hotel recommendations, everyone has their favourites and says their hotel is the best! However, I have read about 40 good reviews of the Oykun,it has won numerous awards, and they say its one of the best in Calis, along with Hotel Mutlu. Check out the Oykun website - besides it has big squishy settees!

We booked through Travel Republic last year and they were excellent - we got stung with the XL Airline collapse and T. Republic were so helpful with getting our refund. Always keep paperwork, including bank statements showing payment.

I'm sure you will be fine as a single holidaymaker - I have always gone out and about by myself when my partner was on the beach, and felt safer than at home!

Good luck

Dahne Cool

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

PS I See you want 10 nights - Easy Jet fly on many different days, and you can book most hotels directly via email or telephone. With Easy Jet, as they are not a travel agent they are not covered by ABTA, but if you take their own travel insurance it includes £300 cover if the company goes bust.

Most hoteliers will also book airport transfers.

Dahne

Nelson, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

Hi, just retuned from Calis and would highly recommend the Oykun hotel. It deserves more than it`s 3 star rating. The staff are excellent(especially Goldie on reception) It`s spotlessly clean and is located within 5 minutes walk from all amenities. It has two large swimming pools(plus a seperate kiddies pool) and plenty of sun longers. Only one negative,they don`t accept credit card payment if you are booking indepently,but don`t let this put you off. We will be returning in september.Hope this helps,have a great holiday. Alan.

10. Re: Hotels/Advice on Calis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 05:43
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye