We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice please club letoonia

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
advice please club letoonia

thinking of going to club letoonia in October, went to Belek last year and although the hotels are excellent, there is not much to do and the scenery is not very exciting. What it the food like in the buffet rest. and how difficult is it to book the a-la-cartes? also have read there is a reservation fee in some brochures but not mentioned in others. So far Thomas Cook seems best value. Any advice on best part of resort to stay, steps not a problem but dont want very long walks to pools and restauants. All advice much appreciated.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice please club letoonia

Hiya honeyham

Stayed at the Letoonia 4 seasons ago, and we loved it.........and it has been refurbed over the winter so is meant to be A1.

There are steps up to some of the rooms, especially the ones behind the amphitheatre, but it didn't cause us any problems, just seemed to take ages after a few bevvies.....................Hic!

The views from the beach areas are superb, the lighthouse openair disco is terrific for photo opportunities, and the food is first class at all the main dining areas. (especially the one over looking the sea) it was called the starlight restaurant but name may have been changed because of refurb, and although you don't have to book for this one, the queues are long because the views and the food are excellent.

The men on canoes, swinging lanterns and banging drums at 8 every evening, beckoning you to the Fish a la carte, is a real "Shirley Valentine" moment.

The Turkish a la carte is sensational, and just across from the pool and bar.

None of the pools are of any distance really, it is like a little village I suppose,linked by walkways, or walk along the beaches from bar to bar............water fountains were situated at points along the way, (which was a nice touch) and some excellent sunbathing opportunities with plenty of sun loungers on the jetties.

It is on its' own peninsula, has 3 glorious beaches, slides into the sea, offers some water sports as part of the package, and the pools are very good, especially the one near the Rose Bar, (excellent place to sit with a cocktail early evening)

You will find Fethiye and the surrounding area totally different to Belek, which I agree, has some fabulous hotels, but, absolutely nothing outside, we love the luxury of the ultras in Belek, but have moved over to the Bodrum Peninsula for our last few holidays, and there you get the joy of walks, scenery, beaches, and wonderful hotels, flying into Dalaman is our second choice, and the walk around Fethiye's harbour is a must. Brilliant little bars to sit and watch the world go by. Good Dolmus station where you can carry onto the centre of Olu Deniz and go down to the breathtaking lagoon, an absolute must.

All in all, I think maybe some of the a la cartes will now incur small cover charges, a lot of hotels are now introducing this policy, but, at the Letoonia, they do at least offer more than one main dining area, so you can chop and change.

An excellent wonderful hotel, and I am sure more people will advise you to book it.

Let me know what you decide

DLV

Edited: 11 April 2010, 15:35
oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice please club letoonia

Hi delavega

Thanks for your very interesting reply. We now have to decide between Club Letoonia and the Hilton Dalaman, both have very good reviews

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
35 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice please club letoonia

Hi honey ham

My partner and myself visited Letoonia in June last year, it is Stunning! So much so we have just booked again for this year, we have never visited anywhere twice before as there are so many other places to visit but Letoonia really is special.

It is incredibly romantic, the views and sunsets from the Moonlight restaurant will take your breath away. The rooms are not fancy but they are spotlessly clean with fresh bathroom linen each day, air con, power showers and super comfy beds with lightweight duvets make them just what you want, The slides down on Dolphin beach are great fun and the food really is exceptional everywhere you go. We have travelled extensively and this place is currently one of our favourites. The drinks are good and the wine very drinkable. The theatre shows at night are spectacular. Hope you have a wonderful time

Jess

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice please club letoonia

Hiya honeyham and Jess

Jess, I agree the Letoonia is a bit special, and I will be interested to hear your comments on the re furb, of course it's the Moonlight restaurant, not the Stalight, but whatever it's called, the views were stunning, and we queued quite a lot to get in..........................the desserts, Oh my, needed wheels to push you around after eating there....lol

honeyham, we are looking to book the Hilton for May next year, just awaiting the 2011 summer Brochures, looks and sounds fantastic, and quite a few from the forums have booked already for this year, a review went up last week, which was very informative and excellent reading.

Hope you get what you want, and wherever you end up, have a wonderful time.

Jess, enjoy.

DLV

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice please club letoonia

Thanks everyone for all the info. Have decided to try the Hilton this year as we have a family villa holiday in Kalkan in May and think Fethiye is a bit close, but have definitely put Letoonia on my wish list for next year

6. Re: advice please club letoonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations