We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency at the majesty club tuana

london
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Currency at the majesty club tuana

We are staying at the club tuana in late June and wondered what currency is it best to take and can you change uk currency at the hotel

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,922 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

Hi lampsLondon,

I don't know about this hotel but it would be very unusual if they did not have an exchange facility.

We have been to Turkey several times and find it best to take a few (£50) lira to see us over the first couple of hours and for the balance take Sterling.

So far the exchange rate in country has allways been better.

If you don't like carrying large amounts then take an ATM card. But check with your bank for their charges and let them know you will be using it abroad or they might block it for "unusual usage".

I hope this helps.

Peter & Jean. :o)

london
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

Thanks for the info

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

PRO69 gives good advice regarding letting your bank know you are going abroad. Unfortunately that only works if they take any notice of what you have told them! Last time I went I told Lloyds the dates and the area we were staying in. Card worked OK first time then was blocked! Fortunately the shop I was in was used to the problem - particularly with Lloyds - and let me use their phone to call home to sort things out. I went back into the branch when I got home and kicked up merry hell. Their response? "It's an automated system and there is nothing we can do". Unbelievable. If that's the case why didn't they tell me that when I went in to say I was going abroad.

I've never had a problem with my Nationwide Flexaccount.

Just make sure you take the contact numbers with you.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

We too have never had a problem with Nationwide Flex account card, & ATMs are easy to use.

However, you may get a better rate of exchange at local shops such as jewellers, as I think hotel bureau de change aften give worse rates.

Yes, its a good idea to take some Lira to cover the first day.

Dahne-Cool

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,922 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

Hi all,

We arrived back last night.

Best rate in the area that we received was 2.28 lira = £1

I hope that this helps.

Peter & Jean. :o)

6. Re: Currency at the majesty club tuana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations