We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

Hello All,

I'm not quite a new member but still have plenty to learn about lovely Fethiye and hope someone here can help.

I've been a couple of times now, enjoying everything about the place and this year (September) I'd like to do some fishing. I've seen the local folk catching small stuff (juvenile black bream and mullet I think) along the Fethiye sea front. I was wondering if anyone knows of any locals / boat owners who could help. I'm trying to learn some proper Turkish before the next visit so I can ask myself - fingers (more like tongue) crossed!

I'm not really looking for what would be classed in the UK as "mackerel bashing" - good fun all the same!, but more targeted fishing for bigger species from shore or boat (I've seen some nice Bass cruising the waterline between Fethiye and Calis). I'm quite an experienced fisherman and I think I know all the basics required but am here for all suggestions. Any help would be greatly apreciated as I need a REALLY good excuse to include fishing tackle on the "holiday essentilas" list.

Cheers folk.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

Hi deneo-w ....love my fishing,both fresh and saltwater,i bring my tackle every year. i only post the fun days. i have caught some woppers this winter from both beach and boat.i try new and old methods great days all the time,try Teke or Mamoon you can get these on the road opposite the Marina next to the Kardelen cafe

maliye Arkasi,Sahil Yolu. 2YTL per cup full, great bait. Boat fishing good 50-100ytl for 8-10 hours super value you can take upto 6 people.the older fishermen have great Knowledge they know the right marks. catches, Karagoz,,Cipura,.Muren,.Ssarikuyruk,.Kefal,.Kirlangic amongst many other's. P.S troutfishing on the Esen Fantastic up to 4Kg. on the fly.

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

Great stuff Macc

Nearly asked on the original post about fly fishing........limited to amount of tackle I can take with me but if I only had one set of gear it'd have to be fly gear. ....Bass(schoolie)......Mullet........trout. (and freinds!!)

10-11 weight 10' greys

Would it work do you think?

cheers

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

I'll have my fishing tackle with me Dene-o,

in the fish market, fork in one hand,efe's in

the other,pick a fish.

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

Yorkie, Yorkie where is your sense of adventure..............what do you think I'm going to do when I've caught nothing.............turn up at the fish market with all the gear and LOOK like I've caught my dinner, ;)

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

Go on then Yorkie, I'll get the effes

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

Deneo-W

After reading your first reply,I thought I had

better offer to get the efe's in mate.

Then I saw your 2nd reply so you beat me.

These advertisements in between our

messages got in the way.

Anyway we can sit with a table of efe's &

You can tell me about " The One That Got

Away. "

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing

CHEERS you two mines a dark efs..........just had a word with the lads at the fish market....... you,v no chance of cheating really!...........P.s take a tele -scopic dirt cheap,.Black spider, and loads of Ants.........itch,itch,itch........have fun deneo.

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fishing

Yorkie, once in my sight they NEVER get away.....the Effes that is - the fish are a different matter

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fishing

I must sample a dark Effes Macc, I've not had the pleasure yet, but should we all happen to bump into on another then I will buy that round

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fishing

Cheer,s deneo i will take you up on that one, i will be fishing again from the end of april \ may. you must come? i have loads of tackle you can use, you are more than welcome to join me. ps forgot to mention my new method to catch those huge blue crabs hahaha. i'll show you when we meet up.......cheers stu.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye