We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
361 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

Hi

We are staying in Cirali for 6 days this month. We are unable to stay in Kas this trip but originally I had really wanted to Kayak over the Kekova ruins. Is it possible to do this on the way through to Fethiye? We were planning on taking the bus from Cirali to Fethiye but we could consider renting a car if it would make this plan an option. The only thing that puts me off doing this is we have never driven on the right side of the road before. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers Kiwi

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

You might be able to do it by bus, but I think you'd need to get to Kas and take a tour from there. Dolmuses to Ucagiz/Kekova are very infrequent, I believe.

Maybe worth contacting some agents in Kas to see what's available - Google "Kekova kayaking" and lots of info comes up. It might mean taking the first bus from Cirali (07:15?).

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

You could consider to stay one night in Ücagız, there are a few pension there. İt is worth the visit!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
361 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

Thanks to you both for your advice. I would love to stopover in this area but we just don't have time this trip. Cheers Kiwi

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

You really shouldn't miss a visit - it's one the best Turkish spots!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
361 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

A car would definately give us more flexibility. What is the road like to drive along in this part of the coast? Would it be ok for someone who has never driven on the opposite side of the road before?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

The road is quite winding at certain stretches but never busy. İf you stay 6 days in Cirali you could make it one day shorter for your stay in Ücagız, it is worth it!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

Hi Kiwi,

nice to see you again on the forums..as you are staying 6 nights in cirali...many people take a day trip to Demre, Myra and the sunken city of Simena ( Kekova - Ucagiz ) for a day trip from Cirali..

then rent a car for the day and drive out to that area for a day trip and then back to cirali for the early evening..

I understand what you are trying to do...as kekova would be almost half way to Fethiye..

the bus from cirali to fethiye would be about 5 hrs.

there is however another way you can try to do this ..take public the bus to Demre..and then to the demre harbor ( marina ) from there you can catch either a larger public water boat that will visit the sunkun city of simena or you can always hire a private fishing boat and take a private trip..the cost of a private trip might be about 100-150 liras for about 2 - 2.5 hours..and you can bargain a price with them

even if you get to Uçagiz you still need to catch a boat to visit simena..the problem is the buses do not go into uçagiz however there is one bus a day that does..

http://www.batiantalyatur.net/?&Bid=197681

there is a bus that leaves cirali at 18:00 and arrives in KEKOVA at about 6pm so a bit late for a boat trip.

*ANTALYA - KEKOVA VARIŞ 18:15 TİR.

*KEKOVA - ANTALYA HAREKET SAATİ HERGÜN 08:00'DE TEK SEFERDİR.

* ANTALYA - 18:15 TIR KEKOVA ARRIVAL.

* Kekova - Antalya 08:00 MOVEMENT TIME EVERYDAY 'at once

so really the only option is to get to demre..there have even been people staying in cirali that have bused to Demre and back to cirali for the day without having to rent a car

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

I hadn't driven on the right before but it was ok with the passenger keeping an eye on you. The main roads are usually wide and fairly smooth, drivers not too aggressive. We used www.economycarrentals.com several times and they are good. We drove from Fethiye to Izmir without problems.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

I'd forgotten about the Demre option, but I don't know about the kayaking angle from there.

If you're prepared to rent a car, then I think that's the best choice. Do it as a day trip from Çıralı, and drive to Üçağız (2-2.5 hours).

I guess it's possible to rent kayaks there, or you could join a group coming from Kaş, e.g. this one - kasholidays.com/Activity/Sea_Kayaking_at_Kek… - arrives at Üçağız at 10:45.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
361 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kekova stop on way from Cirali to Feithye?

Thanks so much everyone for such helpful advice. The Demre option sounds good however we would have to be able to store our luggage somewhere with that option. If the kayaking didn't fit in we could do the boat trip and do kayaking in Cirali or Olympos. So will look into this once we arrive in Cirali. We will be able to judge better about driving once we arrive and see how it is. We leave in 2 days, so exciting!!! Cheers Kiwi

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations