We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Hi all,

I dare say this has been posted before but as with all money related stuff, things change.

Im off to Fethiye this weekend for two weeks B+B and so I can budget a bit better for spends and eating out etc, has anyone been recently that could tell me an average sort of price for a meal and a beer ?

Also the weather, from looking at the various online sites, I can see its warm enough in the day but seems to drop off overnight ??

This is fine by me but the Mrs may want to pack a few extra layers !

Thanks in advance

Pete

aberdeen
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Morning Pete,

I was over in September last year and it was roasting during the day and still a in high double figures in the evening, comfortable enough for me to walk around at night in shorts and vest and the other half to wear a dress.

Prices vary depending what your looking for, we stuck to traditional turkish restaurants and found they were all really well priced, alot of them offer free starters or coffees to entice you in, always try haggling a bit and see what you get. But the food is always top notch, especially the fish market in Fethiye!! Average price we paid for a 3 course meal and drinks for 2 was just over 100 TL, pretty sure thats about 30 GBP.

Hope that helps, enjoy your holiday :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

April is different from September - you will find the evenings chilly and will need something to cover your arms and keep the chill out. The days will be pleasant, but not roasting hot.

Jak xx

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Pete - I have been doing daily weather report -

tripadvisor.co.uk/…39754934

The long range forecast is pretty good - there will be some rain but looks like it will be very light stuff, and the temperature drop at night is noticeable - but its still been 14-15 deg late evening, its only really chilly from 03:00 until the sun comes up.

As for prices - thats like asking how long is a piece of string - beer 4 to 5 lira - meals, from under 10 lira for a decent simple locantası restaurant meal to the skies the limit - good news is the the Mozaik bahçe opens in a few days time - now there is a a bargain place to eat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

That's good news FF - Mozaik Bahce - not just reasonable prices but absolutely delicious food!! We hope to get a chance to return when next over at end of April.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Thanks to all for your help, I really appreciate it.

FF - I realised after I asked the question that it was up for interpretation, as you say there are bargain eats and posh eats, I think if we allow £60 a day for eats and drinks we should be OK

Good job on the weather too.

See you Saturday !

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Pete are you staying in Fethiye or Calis?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

I am at the Ece Saray on the marina, which I believe is Fethiye itself ?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

/That's a lovely Hotel right on the Marina with great views it's about 5-10 minutes walk into Fethiye. Fethiye is a working town. Calis Beach comes under the Fethiye name but is a beach resort 5 miles from Fethiye. I would recommend you get the water taxi from Fethiye into Calis. It's a lovely journey and only costs 5 lira. I am sure you wll like Calis too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

Thanks for that, it looks lovely in the photos but you can never really know until you step foot inside.

Any fav restaurants or tips, do's and dont's etc for Fethiye generally ?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fethiye - food and drinks and sun

FF or FJ,

just a quickie, I meant to ask about mossies?

Not sure if they have a season as such, but are we best to use repellent etc at this time of year anyway?

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye