We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Val's Bar and Bookshop

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Val's Bar and Bookshop

Just done a search to see if I can find any old threads on Val's Bar in Fethiye, with no luck.

Over the past 12 days have had several enjoyable efes in the company of this lovely English lady whose bar is near the Cultural Centre in Fethiye.

Excellent sun-trap, and frequented by interesting folk with lots of local knowledge.

Val has over 5,000 books donated to her, and does lots for local charities.

Well worth a visit, and if you want to swap a book, then Val has probably got what you're looking for.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

There is also a Charity Shop in Calis Beach in the basement of Eyna Restaurant run by local ex-pats for the Calis Chidrens Charity. All money raised goes to local underprivileged children. They have lots of things for sale including books. It there is anything you don't want to take back in your suitcase why not think about donating to to the 3 C 's. Eyna also serves excellent coffee, they have a "proper" all singing all dancing coffee machine.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

They can't fry eggs though FJ !

Didn't know whether to eat it, or donate it to the

local cobbler. !

Edited: 02 May 2012, 23:55
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

I wouldn't have started a thread about a lovely English lady, and the valuable work she does for the local community almost single handedly, if I knew it was going to get high-jacked straight away!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Look at it like this. Yours was an informative post which lets others know about this lady. It was very good, but it would not have stayed near the top or been read by as many people if other comments had not been added, by having more comments it has kept near the top, so more people will read it and the information you kindly gave will be imparted to more people than if it had of had no replies and now been at the bottom of the page. So your objective has been reached and is continuing.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Perhaps your first posting could have been more objective and sympathetic with the thread title, and not completely off-topic!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Thanks, LancasterLad for your info on Vals bar and bookshop. I did not know about her, and we have been visiting the Fethiye area for over 10 years now.

It is certainly a place we will try to visit when we pop in to Fethiye during our holiday in Olu Deniz later this year.

Edited: 03 May 2012, 14:11
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Lancaster - chill out - the addition of another bookstore post is hardly off topic, and as FJ said it keeps it on top - 6 replies - so been on top 6 times so far, pretty good going.

So just to stir it up more - there is a charity shop close to the Tuesday market run by a variety of foreign expats and locals - they also have a good selection of books - but no Efes, or eggs........

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

FF - I'll keep up the momentum then.

It is O/T when a thread about a place in Fethiye is immediately deflected to another one in Calis Beach, which already has sufficient promotion.

While I found Calis Beach a decent place as a holiday base, what's available really isn't anything special.

Any seaside resort with a west facing aspect is going to have a decent sunset, even Morecambe, which is exceptional.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
841 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Must admit I wouldn't have found this without people replying to the thread even off topic and I will pop along and see Val while I am over in June as sounds a nice place to chill

uk
Level Contributor
479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Val's Bar and Bookshop

Lancasterlad thanks for the info on Vals will look it up in June when we are out. Also understand what you are saying happens very frequently.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye