We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earthquake ??

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
829 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
earthquake ??

I hope everyone is OK out there, apparently 6.1 quake off the coast of Olu Deniz... some people felt it as far away as Cairo and Greece. xxx

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Greece
Greece
Europe
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: earthquake ??

Earthquake !!! 6.1

2012.06.10 15:44:16 36.4715 28.8995 19.6 -.- 6.1 -.- ÖLÜDENİZ AÇIKLARI-MUĞLA (AKDENİZ)

I felt it here in Cirali which is a 4 hrs drive away..it was also felt in the city of Antalya !!

I just got off the phone with freinds in Kaya Koyu ( outside of Fethiye ) and it was quite the tremor..

I send my best wishes to all the Fethiye and surrounding residents

we are thinking of you

…boun.edu.tr/sismo/map/en/20120610154416.html

Edited: 10 June 2012, 14:17
Mentioned in this post
Cirali
Cirali
Antalya Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,080 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: earthquake ??

Was lying out by the pool and could not believe the way the earth just shook. Never seen my husband move so fast running from the house to the garden. There was a second smaller quake about 10 minutes later.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: earthquake ??

Yip the ground moved for us as well - We had 2 Turkish police friends visiting and they ran for it - but went round all the neighbours checking they were OK

İts the first one I have ever felt although have been here when others have hit - but slept through them, our Turkish friends said that was the worst they had ever felt - so if thats the case not too worried now.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: earthquake ??

I hope there are no after shocks and everyone is OK .

Jan x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: earthquake ??

It was quiet strong just spoke to some people and said it rocked them quite A bit , had an aftershock a little later , think some people just shocked but ok , it has been extremely warm , i flew home early hours this morning and there were a few thunderstorms on the journey , no damage been done but most electrics are out in calis and fethiye !

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: earthquake ??

Hope all's well and everyone is safe!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: earthquake ??

Very very scary! BAbadag lost the peak!

Mentioned in this post
Babadag
Babadag
1,762 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: earthquake ??

All ok it seems, very frightening was very strong movement. Local tv reporting no injuries but some building damage can be seen. our hotel just had power restored and we are central.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
829 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: earthquake ??

Babadag ? your joking right ?

Jan

Mentioned in this post
Babadag
Babadag
1,762 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: earthquake ??

Strange as nothing seen on local tv about babadag but we have a picture on our camera. which shows it to have a flat section on the summit which I don't think was like that before and the photo has what looked like smoke coming off the very top, we asked a local whether it was a volcano it looked so strange he said no and not to worry as it was probably cloud (didn't look like cloud for sure) but the locals were pointing to it and discussing. Can only assume the "smoke" to maybe be dust from rocks falling.