We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
317 reviews
Save Topic
Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Well we have done it this morning, booked for 2 weeks,

staying in Olu Deniz 9th July to 23rd July.

Price online was £563, flying from Doncaster, day flights, staying in the Villa BelDeniz bed/breakfast.

When to Thomson travel agent this morning in Rotherham, gave them the details, the young lady said "We can price match it, but then we have to charge £10 per person fee". I said you mean the fee, where you has a travel agent have knowledge of the resort, so the Thomson charge for it, she said "Yes".

I said look love I did a topic about this last week on tripadvisor, & advised people to watch out for it. So I said forget it I'll book online when I get home, I'm not paying £20 for something I can do myself, So she said alright, what about £5 each, I said no chance, so forget it.

Then she said she would have a word with the manager, who then phoned up the admin centre, they gave in to my request. So I paid her there & then. When we were going to book, it showed 1 room left, just checked on-line,still showing 1 room left, but put the price up to £579 per person. Like I've said in the past, they know when you are checking the website & what you are checking, then they put the prices up.

Don't give in to the travel agent, stick to your guns, that £10 service per person, the agent wanted, pays our entry visa's, which has a bonus covers us for our September holiday.

cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Hi Yorkie,

Just missed you again i am going to Olu Deniz in june but come home july 2 and it looks like a scorching week ahead.

Going to rebuilt Montebello will be 4star next year.

ian

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

We'll miss you as well Yorkie........we return home on the 9th.

Hope you have a god time in OD though!

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Hi Cheshire54 & Openwide88

Nice to hear from you both, I hope you both have a good Holiday !

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Yorkie, we may just run into you!!

We are there from 17-31 July at the Ata Lagoon.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,504 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Just wondering Yorkie, have you been to Olu or Hissy before?

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Yorkie I will miss you this time as well - I will be washing my hair that fortnight.

OK I will leave it for another year - Görüşürüz

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

I think Yorkie should buy us all efes with the money he saved on his booking.cheers

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Hi everybody,

First answer to Francis Jane, no we have never been to Olu Deniz, for a holiday, but have had odd days there.

Hi Luvturkey, no idea where your hotel is, but we can have a drink & a natter if you want to meet up, always good to put a face to a fellow T/A.

Now lets get really serious, Simon m must have been on the weed, having halucinations of me buying drinks all round, o'dear giving me palpatations, gimme a brandy for shock. He'll pay !

Last but not least, what have I told you FF, when washing your hair, hang your wig on the line to dry, wear a hat, nobody will know. !

Understood your message FF, See you soon !!!

Edited: 19 June 2012, 00:12
Bournemouth
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Enjoy Yorkie - I'm sure you will.

Open wide - "hope you have a god time..." ? I think poor God will need to go to Spec Savers with so much helpful information flying around. I do think though that Calis is pretty near what I imagine Heaven is like!

Happy Daze?

Deb x

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yorkiborn's in The Area in July

Yorkieborn, come visit me in Olu - I'd love to meet you. There may be some vodka lying around the office if that's any incentive....

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations