We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

I did a thread on this topic, in my "Planning Your Holiday & Holiday Tips", shown in the Question on Fethiye.

With the water being that hard, when in the bathroom you can't get a lather, I suggested buying ;'Foamburst' it gets a good lather.

One of the foamburst also was good for shaving, it's priced at £2.99 for one, went into Morrison's supermarket to day, special offer.

3 foamburst's for £5, a bargain ! Very good stuff !

Go get it !

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Hope you don't try cleaning yer teeth with it then or you'll be "foaming at the mouth" ( or will they be in a glass at the side of the bed?)Lol

Mol x

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

strange yorkie - I have found the water to give an amazingly good bit of lather - the water is not hard as it is in many of your englandshire places - its simply got some extra salts and things.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Never had any trouble getting lather. Also, I buy my shower gel in the supermarkets in Calis or Fethiye. Lots of the same brands as at home and the space I save in the case always goes to another pair of shoes.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Bar of soap wrapped in a face flannel works for me, maybe olive soap would work even better, a good excuse to go back to Turkey in Septerber and try it out.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Hi Mol,

Still got my own teeth, have you still got that job with teeth,breaking em in for next doors dog ! Lol

Did you find the hotel o/k on your holiday !

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

We never have any problems getting lather nor do the lads in the hamams. Indeed using olive oil soap produces so much lather that it becomes a nuisance to get rid of.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

No Terry I'm breaking em in for a wonkey donkey on Brid Beach!! Ha

Hotel fine - thought you'd av read my report by now Woz only miffed cos our friends had got a better room than us and booked much later !

Mol x

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

P.S - get your Sue to read Shades of Grey to you and you'll certainly get all of a lather then!! lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Is there anywhere in Chalis to buy the olive oil soap.

Bobbie

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,478 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bathing / Showering Can't Get A Lather !

Yes, Bobbie, some of the gift shops in Calis have it. They also sell it at the Turkish Delight Factory, in fact they had a very good selection of soaps there. I brought a few home.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations