We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sand

newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sand

Hi,im in calis at the moment ,if im facing the sea,do i go to my right to get to the sandy part of the beach and is there any places to eat and drink along there with sunbeds,thank you.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sand

If you go to the right (when facing the sea) walk right to the end of the Calis prom and then continue on towards Koca Calis, pass the Dolmus Terminus keep going you will find the Surf Cafe. This place has sun lounges, and even little straw huts on stilts. Nice clean sands and drinks/food available. Also a selection of water sports to try.

if you go left you come to the Sat Restaurant, right at the opposite end of the prom. Again, sun lounges nice sand and food available.

Both these places are a good walk. if you go to the Surf Cafe you can catch the dolmus, Or even hop in a taxi, so you will have your bearing the next time.

Edited: 03 July 2012, 08:13
west yorks
Level Contributor
654 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sand

Looking forward to trying Surf cafe/beach club when we come over in Sep as it gets a lot of good mentions.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,371 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sand

Also Nicky, Have a look into Guvens, again on the beach with loungers. It's nearer than the Surf Cafe. Turkish owner and his English wife will make you very welcome.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sand

Ever so hot and breezy at Surf club today. Grumpette has tied my bingo wings to sunbed as kite surfers were trying to rent me out. Use surf cafe not club (next foot to each other same food) as surf caffe cheaper food. Don't serve alcohol but keep secret flask up me knicker leg :) staff lovely, surf club staff claimed to have no change twice. Yeah right

west yorks
Level Contributor
654 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sand

Will do thanks Fj.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sand

Ever so hot and breezy at Surf club today. Grumpette has tied my bingo wings to sunbed as kite surfers were trying to rent me out. Use surf cafe not club (next door to each other same food) as surf caffe cheaper food. Don't serve alcohol but keep secret flask up me knicker leg :) staff lovely, surf club staff claimed to have no change twice. Yeah right

Is there an echo in here?

Edited: 03 July 2012, 15:38
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sand

We called in Guven's last year, made very welcome, but we like the surf club better, good thing is the dolmus from Fethiye goes right up to the entrance, for two & a half lira fare from Fethiye can't go wrong.

Alway's had good food & service, normally go up 9 to 9.30 then come back around 4.30 in the afternoon, always take the binoculars up with us & watch all the boat trips & boats going in & out.

This is a favourite for Brits who live in the local area.

Edited: 03 July 2012, 20:21
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: sand

You were done Yorkie mate, it's only 2 lira each. We have done this twice from Fethiye and only paid 2.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sand

Hi Grannystick,

You crafty b*ggers must have told em you were school kids, it was 2T/L last year & they were supposed to be putting it up half a lira.Haven't been this year yet.Till next monday

Perhaps the driver thought you were both Super Gran's & didn't want to tackle you, in case you used origami on him.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: sand

I'm a black belt in both origami and macramé. :)

However we were having a chat with a waiter about daft bus fares, it's 2 lira everywhere, surf club to fethiye, surf club to bridge in Calis, even 200m is 2 lira. Plain nuts. He said it was 1.5 lira last year. There's a price list up in the bus, all 2 lira. I'm getting quite adept at throwing Grumpette in front of buses to make them stop. Got off water taxi today, buying cake at nearby road stall when I spied the bus coming, screeched to a halt when Grumpette landed on windscreen.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye