We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Booked For 2013

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Booked For 2013

Well gone & done it, booked for next september 2013.

After checking different flight prices for next year for 2 people - Jet2.com - £545 / Hotel £392 b/breakfast / Transfers £65 bringing a total to - £1,002

We have booked All inclusive at the Hotel Bahar, Calis beach for 2 weeks, Flights ( including 22kgs each hold luggage ), Hotel A/Inc & transfers, for 2 people - £1068.27p - This is with Olympic holidays, we are flying with jet2.com from East Midlands, only had to pay a £1 debit card fee, so total bill £1069.27p. Only had to pay £104 deposit.

Unlike Jet2.com having a 3.60% booking charge, no debit card charge, but another 3.60% credit card charge, thinking you could end up with a 7.20% charges if you used a credit card, especially if booking a family holiday.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Pop in next year :-)

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Hi VillaRhapsody,

We have another jaunt yet in Calis beach & Fethiye, we are due back this september on the 14th for 17 days.

Moscow, Moscow...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Cool news! I will try to pop back some day, too.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Hi, YB. that seems a really good deal. Just been on the Olympic site having a nosey round for next years hols and can't seem to find the Bahar. We really liked the oykun when we went this year and got a very good deal with Thompsons ( it was better than some who had booked separate ) but it looks as if Thompsons are not going there next year. Wouldn't mind going for our Sept. holiday in 2013 as Cyprus seems to be getting very pricey.I think you did the right thing, when you see a deal and the price seems fair then book it.Barbara

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Hi, just looked at Thompsons and they are now showing the Oykun for next year so will keep an eye on the price.We booked around January this year and seemed to get quite a bit of discount then.Barbara

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Hi Barbara,

I heard that it was going to be a Thomson only hotel, then they have the monopoly of the hotel.

But people who want to book direct with the hotel can.

Yorkie

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Barbara if you are looking at flying from Doncaster, you won't get the Bahar hotel, look at flying monday if possible, the hotel should come up.

The Bahar has had some excellent reviews this season up to now, I thought for a difference of £67 between a flight, b/b & a transfer only & a a/Inclusive its a no brainer. will still go out for meals etc.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 19:12
nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

u got a great deal there, i havent done turkey in this way yet- what i mean is, i have booked via travel an agent, this will be our 3rd time, we are going to Hisoranu/olu deniz, via Jet 2, but i'm gonna take a look on olympic site after work today. Are you recommending Calis?

We stayed at Lara Beach area Antalya last year, but it didnt do anything for us, so thats why we're returning to Montana Beach this year in /near olu Deniz.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

Hi Lillypink,

We like Calis beach, its nice & flat with a prommenade full of restaurants & bars,also you have the main street of Calis beach with again restaurants & bars, quite a few jewellers, a couple of night clubs for younger end, the B52 & Scarletts, I was told that the nightclub at side of Gunisk's restaurant was re-opening, not sure

The beach of Calis is shingle, you can travel the water taxi to Fethiye, takes half a hour for 5T/L pp each way, or the dolmus for 2T/L each way.

Its not like Hisaronu or Olu Deniz bar strips, I would not want to mislead you on this point, its a more laid back than these, if you want bang bang music, Calis Beach is not the place.

While you are in Hisaronu, why not get the dolmus into Fethiye, then travel into Calis beach for a evening meal or drink, & see what it has to offer.

Where you get off the dolmus in Fethiye, next to mosgue on the incline, walk back down the incline, turn first left about 30 yards on your left dolmus station for Calis Beach, or walkdown to the harbour & catch the water taxi.

nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Booked For 2013

this info is gonna be really useful to us when we go in Sept- thanks very much. We went to Fethiye last time we stayed in olu, and i will now be going to Calis to see what it has on offer. We arent into 'bang bang' music, so it sounds right up our street.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye