We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us choose where to stay!

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help us choose where to stay!

I'm going to the Fethiye area in a few weeks, for four days. We can't decide whether to stay in Calis, Fethiye itself, or Olu Deniz (or somewhere else nearby). We're getting the bus from Istanbul to Fethiye.

This is what I want from my break:

walking

somewhere quiet to sit and read

a view

some places to visit.

I have been to Fethiye a few times before but always stayed with a friend in Calis.

Can anyone advise?

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Hi Kachika, my personal choice would be Fethiye then you can take a dolmus to all the other places.

You can sit at the marina and read and have a lovely view

Edited: 07 October 2012, 19:45
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Keep in mind, if you are going in a few weeks, the season ends in lots of the resorts at the end of October Oludeniz and Hisaronu close down as they are purose built holiday resorts. Calis too has a lots of it's places close down and is very quiet, although there are some places open all year around because of the amount of expats that live in the area.

i would agree with Alison, it would probably be best to stay in Fethiye as it's a working town and generally the town will be business as usual. Then you can as Alison says have days out if you wish. I know FF always says it's a nice quiet time when the season ends and Olu Deniz Beach is a lovely place to walk along, as I am sure lots of other beach in the area would be too.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find such a good choice of cheap accommodation in Fethiye itself. I'll have another look.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Hi Kachika,

Having stayed in both Calis Beach & Olu Deniz, this year, I would always select Calis Beach.

By selecting Calis beach with its shingle beach & stream of restaurants on the prommenade, you can catch a dolmus or water taxi into Fethiye, from Fethiye you can catch a dolmus to Hisaronu ( 3.50T/L ) or Olu Deniz ( 5T/L ).The dolmus from Calis beach is 2T/L, water taxi 5T/L to Fethiye, being that Fethiye has a lovely harbour,we normally went in the Address bar/restaurant on the harbour, very good prices.

Try the fishmarket in Fethiye or the Mosiak Bahce for authentic Turkish menu.

Above all Enjoy your holiday. !

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Thanks yorkie. How late does the water taxi run?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,323 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Hi

When we were the end of sept the last one was 10.30 but now the lat one is 9pm

bobbie

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Oooh that's early. The dolmuses run later though, don't they?

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

Hello

After you left Bobbie, we used the water taxi on the 30th september from Fethiye, bloke telled us new times from Monday 1st October.

Last water taxi

Calis beach to Fethiye 8pm (20.00)

Fethiye to Calis beach 8.30pm (20.30)

Yes the dolmus run later.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,323 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

That may be right Yorkie I read 9pm from the 1st on the Calis forum

bobbie

Edited: 07 October 2012, 20:58
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,618 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help us choose where to stay!

The water taxis also close down at the end of October for the season, so check when you get there if they are still running.

Also, lots of the restaurants along the prom at Calis Beach will be closing down too. There are a few restaurants that stay open all year around such as the Nil Bar, Guvens, Eyna and up by the Hospital, Bostans.. Check out the local free press, which are weekly papers printed in English. Two titles: Land of Lights and Sun Express. you will get copies in the NIl Bar and also the Mozaic Bache in Fethiye, Bache may close at the end of October. The local press will tell you what is on and when.

Take a look at the on line Blog "Turkey's For Life" which will give you plenty of daily information and is a wonderful reference to all things going on around Fethiye.

http://www.turkeysforlife.com/

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited: 07 October 2012, 21:13
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye