We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
87 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

How do I get from Istanbul to Fethiye (where I will be going on a 3 day blue cruise). I heard there is a plane that is cheap. What is the company/airline called?

THanks!

Lo

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Hi, there are no direct bus lines from Istanbul to Fethiye. There is one however that can take you as far as Finike and then you can transfer to a smaller bus service to get to Fethiye.

The bus line is call Metro Tourism and you will find it in the bus station of Istanbul.

Another idea is to fly to Antalya (1 hour) and then transfer with the airport bus to the bus station and once again from there take the buses to Fethiye.

Airlines in Turkey that fly between Istanbul and Antalya are Atlas Jet, Onur air, Sun-express.

Just a thought, the Dalaman airport is closer to Fethiye than Antalya therefore another option for flying.

England
Level Contributor
137 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Hi Canmom. You lucky person living in such a super place! My wife & I tend to spend a few weeks in Cavus each Summer since we fell in love with the place some years back.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

laura- Where is your cruise going, north, south? Will you hit the Bodrum area? Are you going to Cappadocia at all on your trip? Gathering ideas since we want to do a Blue Cruise, too. How long is your total trip? I read today that there are new trains in certain parts of Turkey.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Contrary to Canmon's advise there several buses each day that run directly between Istanbul and Fethiye. However the journey can take up to 14 hours. Cost of one way ticket varies between 30 and 50 YTL depending on the company and time of day / season and you generally need to book seats 24 hours in advance.

There are daily flights by Turk Hava Yollari (THY) between Istanbul Ataturk airport and Dalaman which is about 1 hour's drive from Fethiye. Cost of flight is about 80 YTL. It's also worth checking seat availability with Turkish Cypriot Airlines through the internet.

Try to get the cruise company to arrange your transfer from the airport as they will have contacts who should be able to do it for around 80 YTL against the airport taxi company's current price of around 150YTL.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Sorry guys, I forgot about the inland route to Fethiye and was only thinking about the coastal route. Sorry for the miss-information. I also recommend to fly. Saves time.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Every day there are flights with ONUR, ATLAS or THY Turkish airlines, flights from 99,00 turkish lira. But early booking, prices rise towards the date of flight. Flights are also more expensive when you book abroad.

From Dalaman to Fethiye by taxi or taxi to busstation and bus to Fethiye. Taxidriver on Dalaman airport are a bit too expensive they charge more then the taxi's from Fethiye who pick up from Dalaman.

Very cheap and I always enjoyed taking the bus. You loose no time as they drive during the night. And they definitely drive straight to Fethiye, only one stop in Afyon. Take a small pillow and get some sleep, the coaches are comfortable. Next day when you board on your cruise you can catch up with your sleep anyway!

All the busses from Istanbul come straight, only one takes the Izmir route, which takes longer so opt the Afyon one.

Enjoy your blue cruise!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

How much is 99 Turkish lira in US$ ? Is that a one way flight?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

99 YTL is aprrox 66 US$ and yes it would be one way unless it is a really good deal. Keep a look out for prices starting from 55 YTL and up. Onur air, Atlas jet, Sun-express, Pegasos etc. If you would like the web addresses let me know and I can find for you.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

I did my enquiry yesterday for my own customer in August and this 99 TL is the cheapest one with ONUR. And it is one way! ATLAS and THY fly every day, ONUR not every day.

Good luck!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,598 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from Istanbul to Fethiye

Thanks!!

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations