We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

majesty tuana mosquitos?

majesty tuana mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 10:12
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

April is early in season so I would expect it to be quiet - but you can never tell.

Mozzies - not been too bad so far this year, probably all drowned with the rain.

Tuana İ suspect would not be too bad as there is a stream running beside it so no great amount of standing stagnant water that the mozzies like, what you may find is a few types of fly that can give a nasty nibble, they look like houseflies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

Don't know anything about the Tuana hotel itself, as I have never been there but I didn't notice any mosquitos in Fethiye at all last summer.

On one occasion I was attacked and bitten many times by one of those flies mentioned by FethiyeFraser. It really hurt so I was left with no option but to run into the sea, while it chased after me!

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

A lot of people swear by marmite, can't stand the stuff myself, it seems if you eat it, the marmite sends a anti mozzie vapour through your pores. What I said was put some on a slice of toast, tie a piece of string to it, & swing it above your head, problem solved.

We once had a young lady in our hotel in Gumbet, in the month of July, who was bit head to foot, just looked like a pizza, she ended up in hospital, for a few days, & thankfully she did manage to see out her holiday. !

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

Also a remedy supposedly was to take vitamin B tablets for a few weeks before your holiday, then carry on during holiday, to give you a anti mozzie smell.

Tried that one year didn't work still got bit, & don't them vitamin B tablets smell. !

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

The Lemon spray seems to work for me.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

I heard taking garlic tablets at least a couple of months before and throughout your hols works. I still say skin so soft helps for me personally..but like someone says citrus such as Lemon works for some too.x

LongCrendon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

Yorkieborn, you have conjured up all sorts of visions of you standing & drinking an efes swinging a piece of toast around the bar.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

Just thought get 2 pieces of toast & swing em, then I can't put mi hand in pocket for efe's, so somebody else pays. I love it when a plan comes together. !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

I am still hearing folks that even British forces in jungles swear by using AVON's Skin So Soft, imagine after all these years the product is still being made and endorsed, and even weirder these guys showering with a lovely skin oil and smelling oh so lovely!! Supposed to be something in formula that the nasty mossies still dont like!

I agree with our posters, been far less mosquitos around the last year, perhaps local authorities spraying more (not that thats too healthy either IMO, dont want to breathe in any strong chemicals!) but perhaps they managing to time spraying more in line with offspring season (I typed ''hatching'' and scrubbed it, as I dont think mossies come out of eggs do they? I need to consult Dean Livesley on that!)

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: majesty tuana mosquitos?

I know last year we were having a evening meal up at Oben's restaurant, in Calis Beach, & they come round with anti mozzie mobile unit.

There is a wide path next to Oben's which takes you down to other restaurants on the front,at Koca Calis,the mobile unit reversed up towards the Oben restaurant & started spraying, Oben the owner ran to them & gave them a good round of verbals, regarding people eating. !

Yorkie !

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations