We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with 2 little kids

boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay with 2 little kids

HI,

My husband and I are travelling with 2 boys 4,9 to Fethiye for 5 nights in late august. We are looking to stay somewhere with a kitchen, pool and walkable to the beach. If the place serves breakfast(even if it is not free) and has other kid friendly activities that would be ideal.

Calis beach seems like a good option. Is that true? Can someone please recommend places to stay in a reasonable budget(under $150/night). Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

Calis Beach is an extension of Fethiye just along the coast, so ideal to stay with two children, plus Calis has an Aqua Park. There is so much good accommodation that is well below your budget per night, Some of the good accommdation is as little as £13.00 per night. From Calis you can either get a dolmus (mini bus) into Fethiye which takes about 10 minutes or the water taxi, which your children would love, takes 30 minutes is like a mini cruise and costs 5 lira. The lastest James Bond Movie was filmed on Calis Beach.

There are Hotels right on the promenade looking out to the beach and some good Hotels just near the beach.

I cannot think of one on the promenade that has kitchens in the rooms though. The Mutlu is a good Hotel on the promenade. The Oykun is not right on the beach but it does have apartments as well as rooms so that may suit you. I would advise you go to the Calis Beach Forum which is a dedicated Forum for Calis and you can ask lots of questions there http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/

Lancs
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

Hi

If you want to stay near within walking distance of the beach you'll have to stay in either Calis or Olu deniz, we've always stayed in Ovacik, ( iahve 2 kiddies, 4 and 7) Ovacik is like a suburb for want of a better word between Fethiye and Hisaronu/Olu Deniz there is nothing there reallly it's just out of the hustle and bustle. We have done wuite a few day trips to Calis but I must admit and I coudl be wrong but there doesn't appear much there especially fro chilrdern, the beach isn't very wide and so seems rather busy, it's much windier there too and the beach is all stones. Olu deniz is stoney but you have the benefit of being able to go to the lagoon which is sandy beach and calm waters, the waters on Olu can be a little rough to initially get into for the little one. With regards to hotels i'm afraid I wouldn't know as we have never stayed in Olu, if you want a kitchen you'd need to go self catering as B&B basis tends just to be that a bed . Self catering is good because you geta fridge, toaster and usually a hot plate, the kitchens aren't huge so you wouldn't cook a big meal just something like breaskfast or beans on toast etc but the fridge is a big bonus cos it's hot hot hot out there, hope that helps a little, i'm sure there's plenty of people on here who can advise of hotels for you

boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

Thank you Frances-Jane and smjLancs. I did not realize calis beach and oludeniz are both pebbly beaches.

This is our first visit to turkey and we picked Fethiye area because it seemed central. Is there a better beach that we could stay on that is more sandy and suitable for little kids. Thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

Calis beach is a long beach and at either end are beach clubs both beach clubs have sandy beaches. So one end is the Sat Beach Club the other end is the Surf Cafe. The Surf Cafe end is where they filme the latest James Bond Movie "Skyfall".

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

The Koca Calis part of Calis is so lovely, not over crowded and no big hotels near the beach. There are simple but realy good restaurants near the beach where they serve the most wonderful breakfasts. The beach is partly sandy and pebbly. Being pebbly imho just being wonderful. Kids love playing and collecting pebbles and secondly the water stays so much cleaner. But there are two wonderful sandy beaches near Fethiye too, one is Dalyan and the other one is Patara. But both beaches are far away from the village. Regulations to protect to logger turtles no building is allowed near the beaches there.

The restaurants on Koca Calis provide umbrella's and plastic chaise longues as long as you use some things of their menu. Sanitary facilities are basic but good.

İn Ölüdeniz this is modernized and available even on the beach. İnside the lagoon it is sandy and very good for children. But İ do not think there is much self catering around in Ölüdeniz. Nevertheless for the price you quote you should be able to find to good accommodation for less with your breakfast included.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

We stayed at Koseoglu aparts end of May, beginning of June....they have been beautifully refurbished and we had a 2 bedroom apart, each room with en suite and air con....lovely lounge with wall mounted lcd tv, kitchen area with large fridge, washing machine, gas hob and kettle.....we were surprised to find that the tv had several american films with subtitles as well as cnn, bbc world news etc. It was very reasonably priced... They provided breakfast if you asked and they had a menu for light meals and snacks. There is a good size pool and the owners...Lisa(English) and Mehmet (turkish) have 3 friendly children of their own. The only downside is you cannot walk to the beach but if you ask the owners they can arrange free pick up to one of the lagoon beaches which are lovely and sandy. There is also free return back to hotel ....they charge for sunbeds, drinks and food to make their money.

boston
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

Thank you so much everyone. I now have some idea about where to look for rooms.

8. Re: Where to stay with 2 little kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations