We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice needed

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice needed

Hello,

I'm almost done with my planning. Here's what is will look like for my Mediterranean portion (I have 11 nights total and I want to take a relaxing pace) :

Option 1: Pamukkale (1-2 nights?) - Daylan and/or Kaykoy (2-3 nights?) - Kas (3n) - Cirali (2-3n?) - Antalya (2n). I like the pace of this one. If Kayakoy probably spend only 2 days and add a day in Pamukkale

Option 2: Pamukkale (1n) - Dalyan (3n) - Kayakoy (1n) - Kas (3n) - Cirali (2n) - Antalya (1n). This one feels more rushed to me

Which one would you advise? I also have a couple of questions:

1) Daylan or Kaykoy? if 2n I would tend to go with Kaykoy but Daylan has good reviews too.

2) is 3n is Cirali too much? My friend can't walk for several hours in a row (knee problem)

3) 1 or 2 nights in Pamukkale? I have 2 booked as of now but might want to downsize to 1n. I will be landing to Antalya around 2PM and drive from there. Details in thread below

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k6778…

Thanks again for any assistance. I am departing in a week and can't wait to get there.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice needed

I see one glaring omission in this schedule. This is the Fethiye Forum you have posted on, but, you are not using any of your time to stay in Fethiye.

Fethiye is a wonderful vibrant working town with a fabulous marina, rock tombs, amphitheatre, Paspatur (the old town) the Fish Market where you can pick your fish and have it cooked. A huge Tuesday market.

Fethiye is a convenient centre to tour from. Go to Oludeniz and watch the Paragliders coming in over a breathtaking

setting. Visit Saklikent Gorge, Go to Tlos se the Lycian Rock tombs, they are still excavating at Tlos and Roman.

Statues found in the last couple of years are at the Museum in Fethiye.

Have lunch up in the mountains at Yaka Park and eat the freshest bbq taken from their trout farm. sit in traditional seating amongst the water falls, stay in the freezing cold pool for 15 minutes and have a free lunch.

Visit Kayakoy and the Ghost Village (no need for a 2 day stay) Take the water taxi from Fethiye to Calis takes 35 minutes costs 5 Lira and is a lovely trip with fabulous views and scenery. Have dinner at Calis Beach and watch the best sunset in Turkey (the latest James Bond Movie was filmed on the beach there) There is also a Turtle reserve there and if you are lucky you may see the dolphins. If you like hiking, walk the Lycian Way, there are lots of hikers who holiday in the area.

Stay in Fethiye for a few days, you will be amazed at all the things you can see and do using Fethiye as your centre to tour from.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice needed

Looks like the OP has got an extensive and exciting independent itinerary.

I bet she'll see a thousand-and-one 'best sunsets'...

http://turkishtravelblog.com/sunsets-turkey/

...with everyone being claimed as the best.

Would she get "shaken, not stirred" by what's left of any evidence of the Bond movie? Mo more than a con!

3. Re: Itinerary advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye