We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Know This Airline !

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Know This Airline !

I was reading about gentleman who is 37 stones, when booking flights for himself on the internet, he was told the airline had a weight policy with passengers, being anyone over 20 stones, they had to purchase 2 seats.

When he went to the airport check-in he was given a window seat & a aisle seat, with another passenger having the middle seat.Then on his return flight he was given a seat on row 17 & row 19, it seems someone was taking the mickey out of him big time.

He said when he went to the check-in at the airport the airline staff said they knew nothing about the passenger weight policy, but the airline not named, only one airport was in Ireland.!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Know This Airline !

A few years ago a passenger was refused boarding at Teeside airport on a Thomas Cook flight because of his size.

We had just come back from Dalaman after flying with XL airlines.

On our flight were a young couple who were about 20plus stones each.

We were in seats A & B and he was allocated seat C but said he couldnt fit into the seat.

After all the passengers were seated the crew shuffled people around so they could have 3 seats each to themselves!

The woman even complained when the man in front of her reclined his seat.

My husband told her the man had an oxygen mask on but she still made a fuss.

On our return journey he was allocated to be sat next to us again but I just found another empty seat further down the plane and left my husband to contend with him!

They wont have been as lucky if they had been flying with Thomas Cook!

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Know This Airline !

The only time I have heard about some thing similar was a passanger flying with a American Airline, he was so big he had to book two seats.

It always amazes me, the airlines weight yr baggage, & if you are over, you have to pay, but do not weight passenegers.

I know we all come in different weights & sizes, but i think in times to come, the airlines might start to re-think their policy on super heavy passengers.

It not so good if you get one sat next to you, especially if its a Ryan Air Flight. LOL.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Know This Airline !

Virgin Pendolino trains squeeze 'em in too!

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,241 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Know This Airline !

Only time I have actually witnessed a person having over one seat, was on a long haul, where the passenger a man, had 2 seats to sit on, & 1 seat in front of him was bent forward, so he used the back of the seat has a table, so he paid for 3 seats in total. !

Where has you will see anyone who has had a accident abroad, & due to their injuries they have been allocated extra seating, where has after my knee accident, I was allocated 3 seats, one paid for by me, ( original booking ) plus 2 seats paid for by the travel insurance company. !

5. Re: Anyone Know This Airline !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye