We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Hi all

My first ever post!!

We are a family of 5 (2 Adults and 3 Kids) planning a trip to Fethiye in October. We want to stay in the Karagozler area as it’s close to the main harbour and central area.

I have managed to get a quote (family suite) from Travel Republic for the Alesta Yacht Hotel which seems like a really nice hotel. I’m also looking at planning it independently and have emailed a few of the highly reviewed hotels (Yacht Classic etc.) but only had a reply from the V-Go Guest House which is coming in around £500 cheaper than the Alesta.

Would really appreciate some advice as I don’t know the area and the hotels - Which ones have the best family accommodation and are cheapest? in the Karagozler area, ideally a quiet sort of hotel (no noisy clubbers or nightclubs etc.)??

Should I book independently or are the packages better, I have tried travel republic. Any other good ones for this area?

On my list I have the following hotels:

• Alesta Yacht Hotel

• V-Go Guest House

Hotel Pirlanta

Yacht Classic Hotel – not sure if they have family rooms

Yacht Boutique Hotel – not sure if they have family rooms

Villa Dafodil

Thanks

Mo

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

The Orka Boutique does look amazing but I think the noise in the central area would be too much? Also would be great to have a pool. We want to be close to the central area but would also like a little difference so we can retreat away from the crowds.

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

The Orka Boutique does look amazing but I think the noise in the central area would be too much? Also would be great to have a pool. We want to be close to the central area but would also like a little distance so we can retreat away from the crowds.

I showed all the hotels to the kids and they also seem to like the Alesta.

Had a quote from the classic. Only slightly more than the Alesta but seems more clinical and not child friendly.

Any other hotels on the same side as the classic but closer to town?

Edited: 16 January 2014, 23:40
Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Hi,

I have been looking into the prices and I feel the Yacht Classic, Alesta etc. are out of our budget.

I have seen the Doruk, Dedeoglu and Status Hotel which seem to be in the right location and I think they may be cheaper too. Any insider views about these particular hotels? They all seem to tick our boxes but just wondered if anyone had any views about them?

Thanks

M

gloucester
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

I have seen them as i passed each day but did not go in and look. From the outside they all look ok but are pushed together somewhat. Side rooms and balcony look direct into the next hotels balcony. Quite close.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Hi Modasser,

İ think there is not much noise in Orka, they ar eon the water front, and behind the post office. Away from the traffic noise, no disco's or whatever could be noisy... İ think the seafront is pretty calm, of course they play music in the restaurants but the late night bars are on another location in Paspatur. İ have to say İ have not visited this place in summer, but neither İ have the other places in Karagözler you mention. As they are all closer the road I can only presume it can be noisier there.

Orka is also just next to the square that has the colorful water fountains, some pedestrian shopping streets with very cheap restaurants... well it almost sounds like İ have shares in this business which İ have not :-)

And İ do think you will like the fact your walks with kids to any destinations is minimized.

Good luck!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

By the way, İ wanted to give you more options:

Dedeoglu, which is just on the corner where the amphitheater is.

Pirlanta, but really uphill on the top of Karagözler 1

Cheers!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

I've checked out a number of the rooms in the Orka, all were very lovely, but not all had balconies. The ones that did and were facing the ocean were great and had gorgeous views. I didn't actually notice any noise at all until the balcony doors were opened, even then it was pleasant and nice to watch people walking around the marina and the promenade.

Modaser - As you're a family of 5, you might also consider renting an apartment in the Karagozler area. I think there are some there with shared pools.

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Thanks Brigade and Villa,

The Orka does look very nice but no pool. We are not massive swimmers but I think the kids would use it if it was there.

At the moment, I guess it's between the Doruk and Dedeoglu, reviews seem OK generally. Pirlata might be a trek.

Our little one has special needs so we need a hotel which close to centre and involves less walking.

Have emailed them both not had a reply yet.

Mo

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Thank Nil7

Do you know where i can find out more about the apartment options?

M

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Nil's suggestion was good - try googling "Karagozler rentals" and a few websites should come up. One thing though, some of Karagozler is very hilly - as it goes up the hill/cliff from the road at the back of the hotels (Yacht, Ece saray etc) along the front. There is Karagozler I and Karagozler 2 - but I don't know how this works - whether one of them is a bit further out of town along the coast - which might be a bit flatter.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye