We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Hi all

My first ever post!!

We are a family of 5 (2 Adults and 3 Kids) planning a trip to Fethiye in October. We want to stay in the Karagozler area as it’s close to the main harbour and central area.

I have managed to get a quote (family suite) from Travel Republic for the Alesta Yacht Hotel which seems like a really nice hotel. I’m also looking at planning it independently and have emailed a few of the highly reviewed hotels (Yacht Classic etc.) but only had a reply from the V-Go Guest House which is coming in around £500 cheaper than the Alesta.

Would really appreciate some advice as I don’t know the area and the hotels - Which ones have the best family accommodation and are cheapest? in the Karagozler area, ideally a quiet sort of hotel (no noisy clubbers or nightclubs etc.)??

Should I book independently or are the packages better, I have tried travel republic. Any other good ones for this area?

On my list I have the following hotels:

• Alesta Yacht Hotel

• V-Go Guest House

Hotel Pirlanta

Yacht Classic Hotel – not sure if they have family rooms

Yacht Boutique Hotel – not sure if they have family rooms

Villa Dafodil

Thanks

Mo

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Karagözler (meaning dark eyes) are 2 small areas , streets up behind the main road down along the coast. Karagoxler 1 is the first near the town center, the no 2 is further away from town. Both are just a few streets, and yes, ver steep!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Here are a couple of websites you can check out for accommodation in the area

http://www.joylettings.com

http://www.calisvilla.co.uk

Edited: 18 January 2014, 14:19
Bristol
Level Contributor
333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

We always have stayed at the Hotel Kemal, which is now the Orka Boutique or Orka City Hotel.

Prices are now three times as much.

However if i couldn't afford to stay at this hotel, I wouldn't bother going.

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Thanks all

I think we have narrowed down the search in terms of hotels. Doruk and Dedeoglu are coming in on budget.

Will also check out the apartment options but as this is first trip to turkey I think a hotel would be better just for the convenience and support you can get within the hotel, I.e. tips from hotel staff, bookings etc,

M

M

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

I think you would be pleasantly surprised that you would get all the advice you need from on-site owners/managers of apartments. Also, you will find lots of advice on T.A. if you ask. So, don't let the need for information about trips, stop you booking an apartment.

Hinckley
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

I think we are going for the hotel option this year. Finally narrowed down to

- Villa Daffodil

- Doruk Hotel

- Deredoglu Hotel

Prices are coming in around the same, all have pools. Villa Daffodil seems a little more secluded which is what we want. I think it's a 15min walk into town?

Given that we will be traveling with 3 kids, youngest in pushchair most of the time, which of these would be best for us?

M

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Villa Daffodil always get good reports, but it's your choice. Keep in mind that walking back from the town, it's up hill all the way and pushing a buggy with young children walking along with you can be tiring. Best to get transport back.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Hi,

I have a very similar question I have family of 5 too same as Modasser, and am looking at a family room in a good hotel in Fethiye. I am looking at Odyssey Residence Suite Hotel & Diana Residence, which are both next to each other. Can anybody recommend these 2 and which hotel has the better family room for 5, I want to put the 3 kids in 1 room and me and misses in another. Hence a double (for 2 boys, 3 and 14 yrs old) and single (for 12yrs old girl) in kids room and double for us. Is that the sort of thing we can get in family room?

Thanks

Ayaz

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

These two places are not in Fethiye (Kargozler). They are in Calis Beach which is the beach resort for Fethiye.

They are at the end of Calis Beach at Koca Calis, where the last James Bond Movie was filmed. Both get excellent feedback.

I have seen a review on the Calis Beach Forum from a lady who has been tothe Diana Residence on a couple of occasions.

There are plenty of places to stay in Calis, plenty of Apartments etc., Good beach resort for children, lots of family friendly restaurants along the prom and a Water Park for the kids. I would advise you go to the Calis Beach Forum. This is a mine of information about Calis Beach. Link to website:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/

Edited: 14 March 2014, 14:47
Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Looking for Family Hotels in Fethiye (Karagozler)

Excellent thanks Frances-Jane

Edited: 14 March 2014, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye