We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Project

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
New Project

I note that the work along the canal in Çalis is making speedy progress. There appears to be a new walkway along from the bridge . Lots of stone walls and pathways along where the canal has been altered to form a wide,which will make for easy turning for the water taxis etc. Hope it's all finished before the season opens.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Project

And little islands for the birds and ducks!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Project

If any members are interested, this is a link to a piece about this project and some images

calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_question…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Project

Update to this thread. The water taxi building is going and the JCB's are working along the spot where the water taxi's are usually moored.

Link from CBF.

calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_question…

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Project

They'll be back soon for sure .....it'll look rather grand when it's all finished don't you think FJ but I myself always enjoy the rustic look ...for me it's more natural and more Türkce ,which in part is why I spend more time with locals than.....[ ]

Hope your all supporting Kerimoğlu at the Yörük Çadirlari museum to keep some History.Nice to listen to the countrified music scene in an evening ....fantastic for visitors and locals alike. Also I note there are a couple of new islands being created for the wild life ,birds freshwater turtles etc.Just hope all the alterations don't upset the ecology here,such as the Teke and Mamoon beds just at the entrance to the Canal.

Kind regards.

PS. Hope they do more to improve the beach ,looked a little tacky in places again 2013

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Project

Hi, I also like the rustic look and the reeds which are home to lots of wildlife, but I suppose we cannot stand in the way of progress. However, perhaps this will balance up with the new "bird" islands that are being created.

The beach will be cleaned before the holiday season starts as it was last year. There was a long piece about this and lots of images of the cleaning on CBF last year. I was glad to see the council taking action with this new beach cleaning programme.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
356 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Project

Wow!

Just clicked those links to Çalış Beach Forum FJ...It seems like a tough gig over there!

Many thanks to the lady that posted a link to our blogpost about the Çalış canal changes - but not sure what we've done to upset "usedbustickets" from the Carry On films...We don't seem to be his flavour of the month! :)

Think we'll stay over here in the safety of TA!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Project

TFL - İ noticed no one bothered to agree with the moaning git.

Popped along there today - bit early to pass judgement, but looks like it will really brighten up the area. Not sure what the intention will be with the boat co-op buildings as they are still there.

Also had a stop at the duck island, looking good but needs a while for the greenery to improve - bad thing is that its being taken over by seagulls.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Project

I also agree with F.F. So T.F.L. not a problem, this guy obviously has too much time on his hands because he has a go at lots of people, he is always complaining about something. Don't let him worry you, you do a great job. I love your blogs as do so many other people.

Keep up the good work.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Project

Forgot to add som pix. (you do not need a facebook acc to see them)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
356 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Project

Great pics FF! We also think that section will brighten up the area too - but, yes, nobody seems to have told the seagulls that the other end is supposed to be Duck Island (or Duck Archipelago)

And cheers both FF & FJ - good to know we are not universally despised :)