We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Letoonia Club & Hotel

Preston
Level Contributor
555 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Letoonia Club & Hotel

Looking at Letoonia Club & Hotel for last two weeks in August (myself hubby and 17 year old daughter) We've never been to Turkey before and I'm looking to book purely from all the good reviews on trip advisor. We are looking to book with Jet2 so we can fly from Blackpool, but I've read a few negatice comments regarding Jet2 allocating "promo rooms" which are very tiny with no balcony. On their website it states that you will be staying in a bungalow, or if you want to stay in the hotel it's another 800 and odd quid. Can someone help me out as to what is best. On further reading of reviews people state that the bungalows are better, so I can't understand why Jet2 are charging a supplement ot stay in the hotel rooms.

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

The Letoonia website also states that there are activities aimed at teenagers up to 17 which would be ideal, even if she doesn't want to participate hopefully she can meet like minded teens.

Thanks

Loobs

x

Loobs

x

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Letoonia Golf Resort
Letoonia Golf Resort
1,584 Reviews
Belek, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

We have stayed at Letoonia in a bungalow. However, they are not bungalows they are one storey blocks that consist of two rooms upstairs and two downstairs, so basically, they house four families/couples. Rooms have a bedroom and bathroom with balcony. Upstairs rooms will give you a view, downstairs you only see trees and it can be dark. Some of the bungalows are a long way from the restaurants up lots of stone steps. We had about a 10 minute walk down to reception and it's tiring in the evening walking back.

I have to be honesty and say a holiday camp place was not for us lovely as it was. It is very expensive and you have to pay for transport to get into Fethiye as the boat has a fee and no dolmus stop outside so you have to use taxis. When we were their the boat across was free, now they charge for it. We left every day to see the area and the real outside world of Turkey and loved it so much we bought a place there.

There are so many great and hotels in the area all with pools, in resorts like Calis Beach and Oludeniz with wonderful restaurants to eat in every night that would be so much cheaper than this resort. Lots of families visit these resorts in the local area so I am sure your daughter would soon make friends.

There is quite a big mix of nationalities at Letoonia now including lots of Eastern Europeans and there is a theatre with entertainment in the evening and there are sports to try, but I don't see them being specifically for teenagers.

I would advise you take a good look at resorts in the Fethiye area and compare the prices before you decide on the Letoonia.

Mentioned in this post
Calis Beach
Calis Beach
1,689 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
2,855 Reviews
Fethiye, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Preston
Level Contributor
555 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Thanks Frances Jane - I'll have a re-think

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

I am going back to Letoonia in June for about the 7th time. Actually went twice last year! We've never stayed in the hotel yet. The place is lovely and apart from a couple of boat trips over to Fethiye we dont bother going anywhere. The place is massive and certainly dosen't feel like a holiday camp. You can do as much or as little as you like. We use it to spend 2 weeks chilling out and recharging the batteries. A 10 min walk to reception is not much of a problem if you need to go there (and you probably wont) but there is also a little hop on train thing that will take you there and there also lifts all over the place to get you to the steeper parts.

We always email in advance and ask to be allocated an upstairs bungalow that way there is nobody walked about overhead (dragging suitcases etc) but the trees are so high there is never much of a view but that doesn't matter cos you can spend all day looking at it when you are laying out by the sea.

Love it. Can't wait till june.

Aug is gonna be a bit hot mind.....

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Preston
Level Contributor
555 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Stray Cat - thanks for that post - was having a rethink after Frances Jane, but by reading both yours and Frances views I can understand that a big complex isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've done a lot of research on Letoonia and think it will be ideal for us so I'm going to book it before 30th April cos Jet2 have an offer on at the moment when booking before 30th April you will get upgraded to hotel room, but it's the hotel's offer apparently, not really fussed about the room so long as it's clean.

Yes I gather it will be VERY HOT in Aug, but unfortunately we are still stuck with school hols with our daughter being at college. Been to Cyprus n Greece in August, that was hot but we survived,

The fact that you've been 7 times as practically sold it to me. Like you we don't plan on venturing out much, maybe like you we will go over to Fethiye (still don't know how it pronounced!) cos I've read there's a market on a Tuesday I think where they sell fake designer stuff (for daughter) she will be in her element!.

Just one thing - our daughter who will be 17 is very blonde and I've heard that the Turks have a bit of a thing for blondes, will she be ok if she want to go off and do her own thing within the complex? I don't want to feel like I have to follow her - she's very sensible, just probably me being paranoid.

Any tips or advice - do's and don'ts would be much appreciated as I've never been to Turkey before, so it's a bit of an adventure - just hope we don't get the "turkish trots" lol - no one seems to have mentioned anyhing in the reviews so hopefully we will be ok.

Loobs

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Loobs - so glad you've decided to go you will love it.

It's not really like a holiday camp - it's more like being on a private island. Your daughter wont get any hassle cos the staff are very good and unless you work there or are a guest you can't get in. It might be different at the tuesday market but it will be good natured. Plenty of designer fakes to be had but it gets really busy and it's in a hot tent so go early. There's lots of nice little shops in Fethiye too. There are a couple of shops selling bags etc on Letoonia but they are ridiculously expensive. Only seen the russians in there lol.

As far as i know all the hotel rooms have been refurbished over the winter so if you are getting a free upgrade thats great. Dont know if they've done the bungalows or not.

There are loads of things that are free - sailing, fishing, the gym, aerobics etc. It's only the motorized things you have to pay for. There are shows every night by the animation team which are good and there is a nightly disco until 2 which your daughter will probably like once she's found some friends. It'll be safe for her as like i said, there will only be guests there and it's not the sort of place that groups of lads (or even lasses) go. It's mostly families and couples.

Definitely go on a boat trip. Not the Letoonia one tho but go and book it in Fethiye. They come and pick you up anyway and they are much cheaper.

You wont need a lot of money either. We only spent a bit in Fethiye but watch out for Dalaman airport as that is really expensive for food and drink.

Anything else you want to know feel free to ask me.

Straycat

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Oh yeah - the Turkish trots ha! I only got them once (the first time) and not that bad, take some immodium just in case. It is very clean there however and there are toilets all over and they even have disposible paper loo seat covers which i thought was brill. The cleaners are forever in there too. You get bottles of water from the bar so tehre is no reason to be dehydrated and the food is good with plenty of choice. I have to have gluten free and i dont have any trouble finding something to eat.

Preston
Level Contributor
555 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Thanks Stray Cat, - I'm soooooo excited - just need to book it now

Preston
Level Contributor
555 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

It's all booked - just a few questions -

1. Do they still operate the token system for beach towels that I read about? or is it better to bring your own?

2. Do all rooms have a decent hairdryer?

3. Dress code in the restaurants at night? Do men have to wear long trousers? what about ladies? can they wear shorts or short dresses or do they have to cover up?

3. Travel plugs (adaptors) are they the 2 pin adaptors (the same as Spain)?

4. Are mozzies a problem in August especially with being surrounded by all that greenery? if so anyone recommond the best mozzie spray - they don't normally bother me but hubby and daughter have been bothered in the past.

5. Is it ok to brush your teeth in tap water or are we best with bottled?

Cheers - think that's about it for now - if I think of anything else I'll be back

Loobs

x

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

Fine to brush your teeth with the local water. I always do.

Mozzies are not the only biting insect there are quite a few things that give you a bite. I got the worst bite I have every had at Letoonia. It was a mozzie bite on my arm and became infected. I saw the Doctor on the camp and he gave me a packet of penicillin tablets. This visit cost me £30.00. Of course, I know now that the Chemists in Fethye sell these tablets for around £3.00 a packet. If you start to take a Vitamin B1 tablet every day about 1 month before you leave and also every day you are there, it should help, also we use Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray which the mozzies dont't like. The camp do spray the greenery, as do the council over in Fethiye, this does help keep the mozzies down. There are biting spiders and also flies that will give you a really bad bite. Make sure you renew your mozzie protection a couple of time a day and put on lots in the evening. Don't leave windows open in your room.

There was no set dress code when we were there, apart from not wearing swimwear for evening meals.

The hairdryer we had was very weak, they may be better now.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Letoonia Club & Hotel

No need to take your own towels as the hotel ones are excellent and yes, you get towel cards.

The hair dryers weren't the best but it's so hot my hair just goes all frizzy so I gave up drying it and just left it to its own devices ha!

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye