We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on best place to stay

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on best place to stay

I know this is a question asked a multitude of times but even after researching, am still undecided so seeking your advice. We are a group of three very fit individuals in our late 50's. This is what we'd like to be near:

- hiking/walking trails

- we do plan on hiking up Babadag so having easy access to buses to get there would be great

- good restaurants and shops within a 20 minute walk

- the beach

- a relatively quiet spot because after all that exercise and given our ages, we will be retiring early.

Thanks in advance.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

I think Calis Beach might suit you. It's the beach resort for Fethiye, so 10 minutes by dolmus or get the water taxi takes 35 minutes is a lovely journey and only costs 5 lira. Calis has a lovely prom with lots of restaurants, the best sunsets in Turkey and very reasonable priced accommodation. It is not a noisy resort, so no loud music or neon lights. It's very easy to get to all the places you would want to see.

I would advise you to join the Calis Beach Forum which has been running for 10 years now and is an absolute mine of information.

Link http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

Thank you so much, Frances-Jane. I will check out the forum you recommend.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

First of all you should know Calis is Fethiye. It is just an extension, lots of people walk along the prom from Fethiye to Calis. It is 10 minutes by dolmus which run all the time. We have a place in Calis, but are in Fethiye all the time. We have the best of both worlds. A lovely beach resort and a working town.

As Fethiye is a working town there are not that many Hotels. The big ones along the Marina are not cheap. They are also not in the town centre. Some are £100 per person per night. The Hotels in Calis with pool and restaurants are from £9.00 per night.

I know the Villa Daffodil is popular in Fethiye, but it's not in the town centre, but you can jump a dolmus to the centre.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

You don't state what time of year you will be visiting but I would suggest that Hisaronu/Ovacik would suit you better as the hiking trails are on your doorstep. There are lots of shops, a weekly market and a huge choice of places to eat and drink and although the area is quite lively at night many hotels are set in the pine woods away from the main street. If you prefer to be near the beach Oludeniz has many quiet hotels.

JJ after much research we abandoned the idea of staying in Fethiye this year due to the much higher cost of accommodation, I have booked Ovacik (a third of the price) where I can just jump on the dolmus or take a taxi.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

Thank you for your replies. We will be traveling the from Sept 23 to Oct. 8th. First few days will be spent in Istanbul. Only have 3 days in the Fethiye area as we have a week long bike tour booked. Really like the idea of Calis but Oludeniz also has our attention. Will have a look at the Hisaronu/Ovacik area as well but the beach is very important to one of our fellow travelers. It would be great to have the hiking trails so close but don't mind taking a bus to get to them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

Agree with scousemouse regarding Olu Deniz, Hisaronu or Ovacik. Olu Deniz has a much better beach than Calis. Calis beach is very dirty apparently at the moment all the restaurant owners along the prom are cleaning their bit of beach in front of their restaurant where it is so dirty :-)

7. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 19:05
8. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 17:11
Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

Sueinns. IMO I think Ovacik would suit your needs. Lots of walking trails to try.

Plus you can catch the local bus to the beach at Olu. Or go into Fethiye & calis if you are so minded. Its also a lot cooler there up in the Mountains. The Hotels are cheaper as are the Restaurants.

We all have our own opinions, & I am am just voicing mine as to try & give you the best advice for your type of holiday

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need advice on best place to stay

See two comments have been removed. Why?? Unless it upset a Poster personally. I read at least one of these posts, & that poster. Just asked a question,.

These deletes are getting stupid. We are all here to help people who ask advice. We may not agree on a suitable place, but we all have our reasons for our suggestions.

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye