We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two women - hassle factor?!

Milton Keynes, UK.
Level Contributor
41 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Two women - hassle factor?!

Hey all,

Well, a girl friend and I are booked for Calis Beach in a couple of weeks. We've both been to Bodrum previously (loved it) with our husbands, but this time the men can't make it, so we are having a short girl's holiday.

The main question we have (and I hope it's doesn't come across as ignorant or offensive!) but as two women in their 30s, will we be hassled much whilst out and about? If so, how is best to deal with any would-be lotharios please?

Further to this, should we be safe of an evening, going out to Fethiye for dinner etc?

Many thanks,

Bradders. x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two women - hassle factor?!

I am sure you will have a hassle free time. Turkish men do like British women, but they can take a hint. If by any chance you are bothered just say a firm "NO" We have seen many women on holiday together in Calis, so you will not be standing out from the crowd.

If you want to go into Fethiye you can get the dolmus in, they run until about midnight.

If you would like to be picked up and dropped back for free try the Kings Garden Restaurant up in the Mountains and rock tombs at the back of Fethiye. Fabulous views up there and lovely food, also free entry to rock tombs. Ring them or go to their website and book to be picked up, also you can book on the Calis Beach Forum. Saturday is a good night as they have entertainment. website http://kingsgardenrestaurant.co.uk

Can I ask where are you staying?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two women - hassle factor?!

Don't worry too much, if you are clear you have no interest in talking to any of the guys they will usually back off. I have spent loads of time in Turkey out and about either alone or with a female friend and I have never had any problems with being hassled.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two women - hassle factor?!

Agree with the previous posts. I have spend many solo & female holidays in & around the Calis Beach area. Yes some times there has been comments made that are unwelcome. But a Firm NO should do the trick. If you do get followed, & it does happen. Just Turn & be a bit more firm in your comments.

Am sure you know what I mean by that. LOL.

Milton Keynes, UK.
Level Contributor
41 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two women - hassle factor?!

Thanks for the replies. We just want a peaceful, sunny holiday. Can't wait!! :)

Think we will take the water taxi to Fethiye, rather than the dolmus. ;)

Edited: 18 May 2014, 23:04
5. Re: Two women - hassle factor?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye