We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

We're returning to Fethiye for two weeks in June (we were there two years ago and loved it) and staying at Letoonia (again). We're celebrating our 5th anniversary while there and would like to do something special for that day/evening (Friday 20 June). We've considered hiring a boat (but didn't care too much for the look of the boats and they seem to only take you out overnight, not all day and night) and also travelling to Rhodes for one night (but we wanted to go to Lindos and it's a little far as the ferry doesn't stop there). We've already visited Pamukkale and Ephesus (which are great!). Any suggestions? We'd prefer not to travel more than 2 hours and our budget is up to £400. Thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,293 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

Try the Ada Restaurant on Sovalye Island just in the middle of the bay between Letoonia and Fethiye. They pick you up by speedboat and take you over.

www.sovalyeisland.com/ecesovalye/id2.htm

Or try the Kings Garden up at the Rock tombs in Fethiye they will pick you up and take you back for free, lovely views and free admission to rock tombs.

http://kingsgardenrestaurant.co.uk

Also the Sundial which is up in the mountains and has fabulous views. if you wish to you stay for the day use the pool and then change for dinner.

http://www.sundialotel.com

Then you have the Istanbul in Kakakoy they will also pick up and drop off for free on a Saturday night and they have great entertainment a saxphone player and his wife who has a fabulous voice. https:/…132513130110337

Hope this helps

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

Personally I'd go for the Sundial on Sokak 365.

The Istanbul, Kayakoy Saturday night shows are very good but I don't really think it's a suitable anniversary venue.

Stamford
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

Don't give up on Lindos. It is a lovely village. We have spent our last three anniversaries there. Don't know the cost of the ferry but you could do an overnight stop in Rhodes Old Town or even Lindos. We'll be spending this years anniversary in Fethiye. My wife fancied a change. Hope we don't regret not going to Lindos. I'll check out any other recommendations you get. Enjoy.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

We are also spending our anniversary at Letoonia on the 14th. It will be our 7th visit and I never knew there was a restaurant on that island. I'm assuming it's the big island ? Mind you, it wasn't until the last day of our last visit that we found out they have Jamesons and they don't charge for it but you have to ask. All that time drinking the rubbish local stuff ha!

5. Re: Where to go for one special night (5th wedding anniversary)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye